There are several trains daily from Prague to Kutná Hora, Světlá nad Sázavou or Čerčany. It is necessary to change the train there to local ones going to Zruč nad Sázavou.
There are 3 direct buses daily (Mo-Fr) from Prague (from the bus station Prague-Roztyly) to Zruč nad Sázavou and many other local buses with the need to change buses.
Rent a car or use your own is also an option. Use highway D1 from Prague to Brno and use the exit 56 to get here.
There is a large network of cycling paths around the town. The local cycling path along the river is nice way how to spend time with short ride as well as in-line skating or walking.
The best way for exploring the town is walking. Everything is close and well-signed.
- 1 Castle Zruč nad Sázavou, Zámek 1; 285 22 Zruč nad Sázavou, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. The castle is open daily 10AM-5PM in high season (April 26 - September 31), it is necessary to make a reservation during the rest of the year. You can choose from castle tours - short (interiors), long (interiors, chapel, tower, gallery) or tower. There is also possibility to buy tickets for museums or for adventurous trail of the Knight Milota from Kolowrat. Prices for adult/child; short tour 50/30 Kč, long tour 100/50 Kč, tower 30/20 Kč.
- 2 Museum of dolls and teddy bears (Království panenek), Zámek 1; 285 22 Zruč nad Sázavou (in the castle), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The museum is open daily 10AM-5PM in high season (April 26 - September 30), it is necessary to make a reservation during the rest of the year. Come and visit the attic of castle, where dolls and teddy bears live together, play and read books. 50/30 Kč Adult/Child.
- 3 Museum of shoemaking ("Od verpánku k Baťovi"), Zámek 1; 285 22 Zruč nad Sázavou (in the castle), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. The museum is open daily 10AM-5PM in high season (April 26 - September 30), it is necessary to make a reservation during the rest of the year. You can visit museum of shoemaking on the ground floor of castle. 30/20 Kč Adult/Child.
- 4 Park of castle (around the castle), Zámek 1; 285 22 Zruč nad Sázavou. The park is open daily. The castle is surrounded by park with lots of statues and more or less rare species of trees. You can also find other monuments such as tower of Kolowrat, former storehouse, bower with small pond, moat or old cemetery for dogs. For free.
- 5 Church of the Elevation of the Holy Cross (Kostel Povýšení svatého Kříže), Ke kostelu; 285 22 Zruč nad Sázavou. The church is open only during services. The church forms together with castle a panorama for visitors who come from the south. You can see a mortuary next to the church. For free.
- 1 Amusement park - Adventurous trail of the Knight Milota from Kolowrat (in the castle moat), Zámek 1; 285 22 Zruč nad Sázavou, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The trail is open daily 10AM-5PM in high season (April 26 - September 30), only in good weather condition. Come here, young squire, to prove your skill in disciplines of knights. 30 Kč for Child.
- 2 Tracks for marbles, 5.května 401; 285 22 Zruč nad Sázavou. The playground is open daily. Playground with special tracks for marbles, swings, climbing frames, traffic course etc. Free.
- 3 Culture centre (Spolkový dům), 5.května 510; 285 22 Zruč nad Sázavou, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. This centre concentrates library, gym, exhibitions, lectures, etc.
- 1 Information office, Zámek 1, 285 22 Zruč nad Sázavou (in the castle), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Information centre is open daily 26 April-31 September 10AM-5PM, for the rest of the year Mo,We 7AM-5PM Tu,Th 7AM-3PM Fr 7 AM-2PM. Along to tickets to castle you can buy some souveniers such as postcards, books, T-shirts, local spirits made of honey, calendars, ceramics, candles, etc.
- Zámecká vinárna, Zámek 1, ☏ .
- Restaurace Na Pohoří, Na Pohoří 1057, ☏ .
- Pizzeria and confectioners, náměstí Míru 1012, ☏ .
Cafés and confectioners
- Kavárna v Penzionu Pod Zámkem, 1. Máje 97, ☏ .
- Confectioners "Cukrárna", náměstí MUDr. Josefa Svobody 65.
- 1 Penzion pod Zámkem, Ul. 1. máje 97, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Offers nice rooms under the castle near the old town centre. You can also enjoy a café in this pension.
- Kutná Hora — historical town with famous St. Barbara cathedral, old silver mines and the Chapel of All Saints, which is decorated with thousands of human bones; 30 km away by car, trains and buses are also an option
- Český Šternberk, castle
- Sázava, monastery
- Ledeč nad Sázavou, castle
- View-tower Bohdanka, wooden view-tower
- Museum of beekeeping - Hulice, interactive exposition