The Zuid-Hollandse Eilanden (lit. South Hollandic Islands) are the islands of South Holland. These islands are immediately north of the province of Zeeland, but not a part of said province, even though they have a shared history with it.
- 1 Brielle — a beautiful village with old fortifications, played an important part in the Eighty Years' War
- 2 Hellevoetsluis — a fortified city with a protected city center
- 3 Spijkenisse — largest city of the region, a suburb of Rotterdam
- 4 Westvoorne — dunes and quiet beach resorts
- Goeree-Overflakkee — tourism is mostly centered around the beach resort of Ouddorp
- Hoeksche Waard — tiny villages in a green polder landscape
The large city of Rotterdam is the most convenient starting point, as it lies just outside of this region and has connections to all the main destinations in it. Rotterdam is in turn well serviced by buses, train and even by air. Of the cities listed in this articles, Spijkenisse is the largest one, with ample connections to the other towns.