Wikivoyage:Votes for deletion
Votes for Deletion
This page lists articles, files and templates that are nominated for deletion. Any Wikivoyager can make a nomination or comment on any nomination. Nominations or comments should follow a rationale based on our current policy.
If our deletion policy leads towards a merge or redirect, then coordinate this on the discussion page of the article.
The purpose of this page is limited to the interpretation and application of our deletion policy. You can discuss what our deletion policies should be on the deletion policy discussion page.
The basic format for a deletion nomination is:
===[[Chicken]]=== * Not a valid travel article topic. ~~~~
All Wikivoyagers are invited to comment on articles, files or templates listed for deletion. The format for comments is:
===[[Chicken]]=== * '''Delete'''. Not a valid travel article topic. TravelNut 25:25, 31 Feb 2525 (EDT) * '''Keep'''. There is a town in [[Alaska]] called Chicken. ~~~~
When leaving comments you may elect to delete, keep, or redirect the article. If you recommend redirection, you may suggest where it should be redirected to. Sign your comment using four tildes ("~~~~").
Deleting, or not
All nominated articles, files or templates are guilty unless proven innocent. If, after fourteen days of discussion, the consensus is to keep, redirect or merge, then any Wikivoyager should do it. If you are redirecting, please remember to check for broken redirects or double redirects as a result of your move. Remove any VFD notices from that page, and archive the deletion discussion as described in the next section.
If no consensus has emerged to keep the article, file or template, an administrator can delete it. Check if any article links to the article, file or template in question. After removing those links, delete the article, file or template. However, if the file is being deleted because it has been moved to Wikimedia Commons with the same name, do not remove links to the local file, as the links will be automatically be pointed to the file on Commons.
When deleting a template, consider first replacing it wherever it's been transcluded, especially if it served a formatting function. You can do this by adding "subst:" before the template name. Once that's done, you can delete the template without affecting individual uses of it.
After the intro, which is verbatim copypasta from w:Ahvaz County, the entire remainder of the article is verbatim copypasta from Ahvaz. Therefore, there is nothing to merge. Nor, in my opinion, is it at all useful to travelers to have an article about this county. We have too little coverage of actual content in articles about Iran to merit any further regional divisions of the country on this site, at this time.
- hello Ikan Kekek , for why delete, i can edit this article , i now edit first day in en.Wikivoyage , this is your wellcome? thanks Florence (talk) 15:20, 13 October 2014 (UTC)
- As for the article, redirect to Khuzestan per our policy on real places.
- Keep. i edit this page for keep in Wikivoyage . Florence (talk) 17:06, 13 October 2014 (UTC)
- Delete. Ahvaz might be worth keeping under the "real places" policy, but there's nothing protecting counties or other intermediate levels of sub-region. K7L (talk) 18:24, 13 October 2014 (UTC)
- Actually, Wikivoyage:Deletion policy#Deleting vs. redirecting does not draw any distinction between destination and region articles when it comes to our preference to redirect real places. In addition, Ahvaz County is a likely search term and leaving a redirect does no harm. -- AndreCarrotflower (talk) 19:56, 13 October 2014 (UTC)
- Given the recent edits, I'd say let's not speedy delete, but just treat it as a regular vfd. That said, a clear distinction and added value will have to become clear for this hierarchy level to stay. JuliasTravels (talk) 19:54, 13 October 2014 (UTC)
- hi dears , Ahvaz County only is one sample , in iran have Similar names for county, city and town or Province for example ilam city , w:Ilam County and w:Ilam Province or isfahan city , w:Isfahan County and w:Isfahan Province - we need to light way for wikivoyage user , and help me to my wikivoyage contributing Florence (talk) 20:29, 13 October 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Florence, we understand that these are real regions and real cities with the same name. This is common in many countries. The point is that we only make articles for sub-regions if we have enough unique information to fill them with. If not, we just mention the name of the subregion in the article about the "parent"-region. So normally, we would say please help us develop the article about the "parent-region" and the important cities first. If the information becomes too much for 1 article, we can create separate entries for subregions. Hope that clarifies. JuliasTravels (talk) 21:56, 15 October 2014 (UTC)
- Redirect, I think to Ahvaz. Rather similar problems have come up elsewhere; see Talk:China#Merge_districts_and_prefecture_cities.3F and Talk:Fuzhou for examples. Pashley (talk) 03:01, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- This image does not have a license attached to it, so should be deleted. Currently used on Beaumaris. -- WOSlinker (talk) 21:19, 20 October 2014 (UTC)
- Delete. The article has several better photos of the castle anyway and there is nothing in the sign photo that particularly needs to be shown. Pashley (talk) 22:17, 20 October 2014 (UTC)
- Delete. Commons has 132 pictures of the castle, and all the photo gives us is out of date prices for the castle. AlasdairW (talk) 22:26, 20 October 2014 (UTC)