Říčany lies on an important railway line nr. 221 between Prague and Benešov. 1 Train station (Nádraží) is in the city centre, just 1km from Masaryk's Square. Říčany is connected to regional system of lines and it is served mainly by regional Os trains on line every 10-30min. Train ride from Praha hl.n. takes 27min, from Benešov 32min. Few times a day (only workdays) stop in Říčany regional Sp trains "Sázava" on line . One-way full-price ticket from Prague costs 38 CZK, from Benešov 50 CZK. For more details see Rail travel in the Czech Republic.
Also you can get to the city by the D1 highway (exit 12), by the first-class road nr. 2, by the second-class road nr. 101 or 107. Traffic jams are to be expected on rush hours.
The best way how to get around the city is by foot. All possible locations in the city are accessible up to 45min walk from the train station. Good option are bicycles, too. Through Říčany go many national cycling routes. Also, you can use new system of city minibuses. They are operated on 3 lines on workdays for free. Alternatively, many buses on many lines are operated in the PID transport system that run through Říčany on regional and suburban lines. Single-ride full-price ticket will cost you 12 CZK (youths and students get 75% discount), valid for 15min in 2 zones (but not in zones P, 0, B and trains, whole Říčany are in zone nr. 1), you can buy it from vending machines or from bus drivers.
- 1 Ruins of Říčany Castle (Zřícenina hradu Říčany), Na Hradě 390. This Gothic castle was established in the late 13th century by Ondřej of Všechromy, the founder of the noble family of Říčany and was where lords held the castle until 1420 when the Hussite army led by Jan Žižka besieged it and became a property. Since the 16th century, the castle has been desolate and only the ruins still remain.
- 2 Marian Column (Mariánský sloup), Masarykovo nám. 64/29. The Baroque column with the statue of Immaculata dates back to 1699.
- 3 Gothic Church of St. Peter and Paul (Kostel sv. Petra a Pavla), Masarykovo nám. Built in 1719 in Baroque Style, this church has Gothic remnants on the portal side of the building and remnants of its frescoes. Inside the church include a Baroque statue of St. Jana Nepomuckého from the 18th century and the statue of St. Wenceslas of 1937.
- 4 Museum Říčany, Rýdlova 271/14. Small local museum with temporary exhibitions.
- 1 Educational trail Říčansko (Naučná stezka). Through 18 stops, the trail acquaints you with culture, history and nature around Říčany. It starts in the city center, takes you around the ruins of the castle, the pond system, the Říčany Forest and ends in the local district Radošovice. Length: 8,9km.
- 2 Sports and cultural center Na Fialce, Mánesova 2530/3a. This leisure time center provides swimming pool, theater, cinema and restaurant.
- Průhonice Chateau Park (10km, 11min by car) - renaissance revival chateau with park listed as UNESCO world heritage site and national cultural landmark
- Voděradské Bučiny (14km, 20min by car) - national nature reservation, beech forest with rare species of plants and animals
- Prague (24km, 22min by car) - capital of the Czech Republic with historical center listed as UNESCO world heritage site
- Benešov (31km, 25min by car) - city with nearby Konopiště Chateau
- Sázava (37km, 28min by car) - town with monastery
- Karlštejn (46km, 43min by car) - most visited castle in the Czech Republic
- Kutná Hora (47km, 50min by car) - historical city listed as UNESCO world heritage site
|Routes through Říčany|
|Prague ←||NW S||→ Benešov|
|Prague ←||NW SE||→ Zruč nad Sázavou → Jihlava|
|Prague ←||NW E||→ Kutná Hora → Pardubice|