The life of the town revolves around the work of the medium Joao De Deus. He does healing from Wednesday to Friday in the Casa of Don Ignazio. Every day up to thousands of people come to visit. The area near the Casa is full of pousadas, homes for rent and some restaurants. All the Pousadas serve food as well.
You can get a taxi or an Uber from Brasilia international airport. It is a 1 1/2-hour drive.
- 24th of June, birthday of Joao de Deus.
- 31st of July Joao de Deus is said to incorporate the Entity of St Ignatius, who passed from this physical world over 500 years ago. On this day, the town gets pretty crowded.
In the road on the way to the Casa of Don Ignacio there are several shops selling crystals.
There is only one ATM of Bradescu Bank that dispenses cash. It tends to run out of cash by the end of the week, but is recharged on Tuesday. There is also an ATM in Pousada San Raffael but it charges high fees, better to avoid.
- Fruity, Av. Frontal. Fruit juices and a mix of Western and Brazilian food.
- Alquimia, Av. Frontal. Brazilian food.
- Buddha House, Rua 5 No 103 Lindo Horizonte. www.buddhahouseabadiania.com [dead link]
- Pousada Jardim Dos Anjos, Avda. Belem Qd. 16 Lot 01, Bairro Lindo Horizonte. +556233431793. pousadajardimdosanjos.com
- Pousada Luz Divina, R. 1º de Maio, Lt 19 - Vila Bastos.
Abadiânia is a safe place for most travelers.
Dozens of stray dogs live there, the majority of them having contagious infections. Do not hug/cuddle the dogs or take them as your pet dog.
- Brasília (km)
- Goiás City (km)
- Goiânia (km)
- Pirenópolis (km) Colonial city with many waterfalls in its surrounding.
- Alto Paraíso de Goiás (km) main gateway to the Chapada dos Veadeiros.
- Caldas Novas (km) a city popular for its hot springs.