Aberdaron is a village in Gwynedd.
There are a number of small villages and hamlets within the community including Y Rhiw.
Some online (and perhaps other) maps are a bit unreliable as they fail to show that the road from Hell's Mouth to Rhiw is now closed, although the diversion is beautiful enough in its own right. To reach Rhiw Village can be done still by direct road from Aberdaron but from the east it is best to turn left off the B4413 at Sarn Meyllteryn.
The closest rail station is Pwllheli.
Bus 17 from Pwllheli.
- 1 Plas yn Rhiw, Rhiw, LL53 8AB (at the bottom of a closed road!), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. National Trust 17th-century manor house and organic garden, a must-see.
- Mynedd Penarfynedd. wonderful headland
- Porth Ysgo. fascinating beach
- Any of the gardens at Plas yn Rhiw, the headland or the beach are excellent picnic spots.
- 1 Sblash Caban Pysgod, Aberdaron, ☏ . Fish bar