Addu (also Seenu) is the southernmost atoll in the Maldives. Hithadhoo, its capital, was the base of the short-lived United Suvadive Republic secessionist movement in 1959–1963.
- 1 Gan International Airport (GAN IATA). can be reached from the capital, Male, in a beautiful unforgettable 60-minute-flight over the southern atolls of the Maldives. The are also scheduled flights to some other atolls as well as one international flight to Colombo operated by SriLankan Airlines.
The four islands of Gan, Feydhoo, Maradhoo and Hithadhoo are connected to each other by causeways. There is a bus service which runs daily every two hours (except on Friday morning) all the way from the Gan island up to the north of the Hithadhoo island and back. The bus is reliable but slow, the just 15 km long route takes almost an hour. On the Feydhoo island the bus passes the Feydhoo ferry terminal from where you can take a ferry to Meedhoo. On the Gan island the bus doesn't go directly to the airport but terminates about 500 m away from the airport (to get there walk out of the airport, turn left and walk for about 500 m along the Link Road until you see a building with the label "ASTRA" on the left side of the road, this is where the bus terminates).
- Commonwealth War Grave (second world war) - Gan
- Sunset Bridge (causeway connecting Gan and Feydhoo) - Gan
- Equatorial Convention Centre - Hithadhoo: seventeenth SAARC summit was held here, the centre is currently being converted to a hospital.
- Koattey - Hithadhoo: beautiful nature reserve on the very north of the Hithadhoo island, you can see many birds from the observation platforms.
- Ranin hanaa fenganda - Hithadhoo
- Aari Kilhi (fresh water body) - Hithadhoo
- Eedhigali kilhi - Hithadhoo
- Hukuru miskiy - Hithadhoo
Scuba Diving - one company which offers scuba-diving experiences is Aquaventure.
There are only three hotels/resorts in the atoll and several local guesthouses.
- Equator Village, Gan. Three-star hotel on the airport island.
- Canareef (formerly Herathera), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Resort claiming to have the longest beach in the Maldives.
- Aquaventure Manta Lodge (Manta Lodge), Maradhoo (Taxi from GAN Airport), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 11AM. 2-star lodge commands an excellent location and provides access to the Atolls biggest attractions "Scuba Diving & Snorkeling". Aquaventure lodge provides daily housekeeping, private check in/check out, taxi service, luggage storage, bicycle rental, free Wi-Fi in public areas. 8 rooms over two floors. Full board and free water treatment,- English / German / Dutch / Dhivehi $ 75.