Addu (also Seenu) is the southernmost atoll in the Maldives. Hithadhoo, its capital, was the base of the short-lived United Suvadive Republic secessionist movement in 1959–1963.
Gan International Airport (GAN IATA) can be reached from the capital, Male, in a beautiful unforgettable 60-minute-flight over the southern atolls of the Maldives. The airport has been upgraded to international status and is scheduled to start receiving direct charters from Europe in 2007 and flights from Hong Kong and Seoul.
The four islands of Gan, Feydu, Maradu (Maradhoo) and Hithadhoo are connected to each other by causeways.
- Commonwealth War Grave ( second world war) - Gan
- Sunset Bridge ( causeway connecting Gan and Feydhoo) _ Gan
- Equatorial Convention Centre (seventeenth saarc summit was held here) - Hithadhoo
- Koattey - Hithadhoo
- Ranin hanaa fenganda - Hithadhoo
- Aari Kilhi (fresh water body ) - Hithadhoo
- Eedhigali kilhi - hithadhoo
- Hukuru miskiy - Hithadhoo
There are only two hotels/resorts in the atoll.
- Equator Village, Gan. Three-star hotel on the airport island.
- Canareef (formerly Herathera), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Resort claiming to have the longest beach in the Maldives.