The people of Ado Ekiti are mainly of the Ekiti sub-ethnic group of the Yoruba and Edo peoples. Edo-Ekiti or Ado-Ekiti (the Yorubas typically referred to a person of Edo origin as Ado which is why the generals and princes/kings from Benin Empire in Yoruba lands are called Prince/Oba Ado) as it is now known and often categorized under the Yoruba ethnic group as a result of acculturation over the last few centuries.
- Fajuyi Memorial park.
- The Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti. Ado-ikare Rd. The Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti is a polytechnic that was founded in 1977.
- 1 Fajuyi memorial park. It's a gated park dedicated to a patriot, a fallen hero, and has his tomb and statute. Adekunle Fajuyi was the first military governor of the former Western Region, Nigeria, a gallant soldier who had a meritorious career. He was killed in 1966 revenge coup when he refused to give up the Head of State General Aguiyi Ironsi. The park also has games and outdoor recreation. The nightlife is lively with a live band and local delicacies available.
- Nao Supermarket. Similoluwa. Open 24 hours for in-store shopping and pick up.
- Chino Supermarket. Ajilogun Street.
- 1 Portofino Eateries, No. 97, Opopogboro road, Adebayo Ado ekiti, Ado - Iworoko - Ifaki Rd, ☏ . 9AM-9PM. A local restaurant with continental and local dishes. ₦1000.00.
- 2 Joy creamy cakes& party, Shop 2,Beside Redeemed Christian church of God(RCCG), Along Housing Rd. M-Fr 24 hours.. Curbside Pick up, Delivery.
- 3 Chicken Republic, New-iyin Rd, ☏ . Dine-in, Takeaway, Delivery.
- 4 Urban & Spicy Restaurant., 125,Ajilogun St, Ado-Ekiti, ☏ . Dine-in, Takeaway, Delivery.
- 1 Bon hotel, Grand Tower Rd,off iworoko Rd. ₦18,842.
- 2 De jewels Hotel, Olatunji St,Off poly Rd,ireke Odo-Ado. ₦59,009.
- 3 Queen's Court Hotel, Iyere Rd. The Property Amenities of the hotel includes: Free parking, Pool, Evening Entertainment, free Wi-Fi and Room service. ₦11,132.
- 4 Kolototel Plaza & Suites, Onigari Rd. The property amenities of the hotel includes:Free parking,pool,Bar, lounge car hire and Room service. ₦15,084.
- 5 Hillmart Hotel, Hillmart close, Awodele St. The property amenities of the hotel includes:Free parking, pool,outdoor pool, Restaurant and bar. ₦47,899.
You would most likely find reliable coverage of the 2G/3G mobile networks in most locations in Ado Ekiti, but the 4G network might be unreliable. Signal strength might diminish further away from the city center, and you might occasionally experience a network outage for all or some of the mobile phone service providers in the remote areas of the city. Different networks tend to be more stable and reliable in different locations of the city at different times.
MTN, 9Mobile, Airtel (Zain) and GLO are all available service providers. So if you are planning a visit to Ado Ekiti, like you would do for many other places in the country, you should probably consider having multiple SIM cards, preferably for all the mobile service providers, since you can't tell which will be more stable and reliable at a time in your location during your visit. And if you will risk not having any of them, you might be better off not risking the MTN network, because, from indications, it seem to perform well than the others, though its rates may be high and its offers and services might be stringent, but you are less likely to be concerned of erratic voice and data connection compared to others.
Airtel is another service provider which is fairly satisfactory for all you might need to connect to the world, including rates and network reliability. Of course, Glo (or Globacom) boasts of fast network speed for internet browsing activities, only that you might not be able to enjoy the privilege in some locations. And 9Mobile (formerly Etisalat) usually also performs well in internet browsing speed too but with locational limitations as well, plus data rate is fairly higher.