Aitkin is a town in Northeastern Minnesota. It is approximately 120 miles north of the Twin Cities metro area and approximately 90 miles east from Duluth. The town is approximately 150 miles south of the Canadian border. The population is around 2,000 people. The Ripple River travels through the town and enters the Mississippi River north of the city.
- 1 Jacques Art Center, 121 2nd St NW, ☏ . Tu-Sa 11AM-4PM. Small art museum with rotating exhibits housed in the town's former Carnegie library. Free.
- 1 Rialto Theatre, 220 Minnesota Ave N, ☏ . Single screen cinema dating from the 1930s. Adults $6 evenings, $4 matinees; children 3-11 $4 all times.
- 1 Aitkin Lanes, 104 4th Street NE, ☏ .
- 1 Roadside Restaurant, 306 2nd Street NE, ☏ . . Traditional American roadside diner.
- 2 Rosallini's, 119 Minnesota Ave North, ☏ . . Pizza and Italian restaurant.
- 3 40 Club Restaurant & Bar, 950 2nd Street NW, ☏ . .
- 1 Block North Brew Pub, ☏ .
- 2 The Landing, 170 Southgate Drive, Aitkin, MN 56431, ☏ .
- 4 40 Club Restaurant & Bar, 950 2nd Street NW, Aitkin MN, 56431, ☏ .
|Routes through Aitkin|
|Grand Rapids ← Jct W ←||N S||→ Mille Lacs → Minneapolis|
|END ←||N S||→ Mille Lacs → Minneapolis|
|Fergus Falls ← Brainerd ←||W E||→ Duluth → END|