Aitkin is a town in Northeastern Minnesota. It is approximately 120 miles north of the Twin Cities metro area and approximately 90 miles east from Duluth. The town is approximately 150 miles south of the Canadian border. The population is around 2,000 people. The Ripple River travels through the town and enters the Mississippi River north of the city.
- 1 Jacques Art Center, 121 2nd St NW, ☏ . Tu-Sa 11AM-4PM. Small art museum with rotating exhibits housed in the town's former Carnegie library. Free.
- 1 Rialto Theatre, 220 Minnesota Ave N, ☏ . Single screen cinema dating from the 1930s. Adults $6 evenings, $4 matinees; children 3-11 $4 all times.
- 2 Aitkin Lanes, 104 4th St NE, ☏ .
- 1 Roadside Restaurant, 306 2nd St NE, ☏ . . Traditional American roadside diner.
- 2 Rosallini's, 119 Minnesota Ave N, ☏ . . Pizza and Italian restaurant.
- 3 40 Club Restaurant & Bar, 950 2nd St NW, ☏ . .
- 1 Block North Brew Pub (302 Minnesota Ave N), ☏ .
- 2 The Landing, 170 Southgate Dr, ☏ .
- 3 40 Club Restaurant & Bar, 950 2nd St NW, ☏ .
|Routes through Aitkin|
|Grand Rapids ← Jct W ←||N S||→ Mille Lacs → Minneapolis|
|END ←||N S||→ Mille Lacs → Minneapolis|
|Fergus Falls ← Brainerd ←||W E||→ Duluth → END|