Albacete is a city and municipality of 173,000 people (2018) in Castile-La Mancha. Albacete has a reputation as producer of clasp knives.
Winters are cool while summers are hot. Winters and summers are usually dry. Because of the continental nature of the climate there is a large temperature variation during the year. Precipitation is low and mainly concentrated in spring and autumn usually falling in the form of rain, but there is occasional snow.
Halfway between Madrid and the Mediterranean coast, it enjoys connections by motorway, railway (including AVE), and air (Albacete Airport).
- 1 Albacete Airport (ABC IATA) (6 km (3.7 mi) south of the city). Charter flights arrive here but no scheduled airlines. Used for public general and military aviation.
- Albacete-Los Llanos railway station, Federico García Lorca street.
The city has 10 lines of bus urban (7 of them daily).
Albacete has more than 42 km (26 miles) of bike path. On urban roads in the city, adding to the more than 120 km (75 miles) of greenways, groomed trails, paths or bike lanes.
- 1 Cathedral of San Juan de Albacete. It was built in 1515.
- 2 Passage of Lodares.
- 3 Albacete Provincial Museum. A museum of archeology and fine art.
- 4 Plaza de Toros de Albacete (La Chata). Bullring.
- Albacete Fair. 7–17 September