The train station is roughly a 20-minute walk away from Alnmouth town.
Newcastle airport is about 40 miles to the south.
Alnmouth is about 5 miles from the A1 trunk road north to Scotland and this is the main access route for the town.
Alnmouth is on Arriva Bus route 518 running between Newcastle and Alnwick. There are three stops in Hipsburn (including one at the top of the Station approach), one in Lesbury and three in Alnmouth. The service runs hourly in each direction and is generally very reliable. Travelsure also operate their 519 Service between Alnmouth Station and Alnwick during the summer season.
- Alnmouth Private Hire (Don Hume) (Tel: +44 1665 830096)
- Alnmouth Station Taxi Knights (Paul Dixon) (07760 715667) For all your needs cars, estate cars (for extra luggage) and 7 seaters available. Alnwick, Amble and outlying areas.
- The Yellow Taxi (Russell Draper) (+44 1665 541250) - Up to six passengers can travel in a genuine London taxi. Call +44 1665 541250 or look for The Yellow Taxi.
- 1 Alnmouth Saltmarsh and Dunes. Site of Special Scientific Interest, the largest saltflat on the north-east coast, located on the south bank of the River Aln estuary
- 2 The Old School Gallery, Foxton Rd, ☏ . Daily 10AM - 5PM. Commercial art gallery with changing exhibitions, cafe and camping huts
- 1 Alnmouth Golf Club. The village golf course is the 4th oldest in England dating from 1869. It was designed by Mungo Park.
- Photography. The village and sandy beach are very photogenic.
- Sailing. There are yacht and small boat moorings within the estuary.
- Alnmouth arts festival. 2 days in June each year. One weekend during which about 70 artists sets up stalls showing paintings, photos sculpture and textiles.
- 2 The Friary of St Francis. Arrange a day visit or to stay for a couple of nights on a retreat in this Franciscans Friary. The gardens are sometime open to visitors.
- 1 Village post office. Mace store which has some essentials.
- The Schooner Hotel, 8 Northumberland St, NE66 2RS, ☏ . It dates back to the 1600s and has always been at the centre of the village life. There are of course rumours of hauntings.
- Hope Anchor Hotel, Northumberland St, ☏ . It won bronze award in northumberland for best local produced food.
Alnmouth has many b&bs and pubs offering accommodation.
There are also lots of self-catering cottages to chose from.
- 1 Hope & Anchor Hotel, 44 Northumberland St, ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM. The hotel has 8 bedrooms 3xFamily/2xtwin/3xdouble £40-45 pppn.
- 2 Nether Grange (HF Holidays), Marine Rd, NE66 2RZ. Accommodation and guided or self-guided walking holidays. Minimum stay of 2 nights. from £75 full board.