Alpharetta is a suburb in Metro Atlanta, it has around 54,000 residents.
From Atlanta, take GA 400/US 19 North. Exits 9, 10, 11 lead into the city of Alpharetta. Exit 11 will take you directly onto Windward Parkway, which is a visitor friendly route.
This is an easy place to get around by car and is likely the easiest method of exploring the area.
Alpharetta also prides itself as pedestrian friendly, so travelling by foot is also an option, especially near the town center.
- Route 140, 185, 143 (weekdays only).
- North Point Mall.
- Windward Parkway - West Windward Parkway is where all the stores are, East Windward Parkway is residential neighborhoods.
- The Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre - frequent shows.
- Historic Downtown.
- Shop and eat at North Point Mall and on Windward Parkway
- Visit the Town Center
- American Girl Boutique and Bistro at the North Point Mall. It is the only American Girl Boutique and Bistro in the Southeast.
- There are many stores on West Windward Parkway, including WalMart, Costco, Home Depot, and many restaurants.
- Liu Fu, 11625 Medlock Bridge Rd., Johns Creek, ☎ . Mon-Thu 11:00AM-9:30PM, Fri 11:00AM-10:30PM, Sat noon-10:30pm, Sun noon-9:30pm. Chinese restaurant. Mains $10-20.
- Madras Chettinaad, Alpharetta Common Shopping Center (next to Publix), 4305 State Bridge Rd #108, ☎ . Mon-Fri 11:30AM-3:00PM; Sat–Sun noon–3:00PM; Daily 5PM-10PM. Indian restaurant. Buffet is only served during lunch. Mains $8-14.
- 1 Hop Alley Brew Pub, 25 S. Main Street, ☎ . Sunday, Monday: 11am to 9pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 11am to 10pm Friday, Saturday: 11am to 11pm.
- Extended Stay Deluxe.
- Stay Bridge suites.
- Hotel Marriott (take exit 11).
- Marriott Residence Inn (take exit 9).
- [dead link]Hotel Sierra Alpharetta, 12505 Cingular Way (just off Windward Parkway), ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: Noon. All suite hotel
- The Alpharetta Welcome Center, ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Roswell — has a nice historical district, you may want to visit that.
- Dahlonega — Banjarmasinis known for its old gold mines, while most are inaccessible, one is. Touring the mine is a great experience, and guided tours are available.
|Routes through Alpharetta|
|Asheville ← Dahlonega ←||N S||→ Roswell → Atlanta|