Alpharetta is a suburb in Metro Atlanta, it has around 54,000 residents.
From Atlanta, take GA 400/US 19 North. Exits 9, 10, 11 lead into the city of Alpharetta. Exit 11 will take you directly onto Windward Parkway, which is a visitor friendly route.
This is an easy place to get around by car and is likely the easiest method of exploring the area.
Alpharetta also prides itself as pedestrian-friendly, so travelling by foot is also an option, especially near the town center.
- Route 140, 185, 143 (weekdays only).
- North Point Mall
- Windward Parkway - West Windward Parkway is where all the stores are, East Windward Parkway is residential neighborhoods
- The Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre - frequent shows
- Historic Downtown
- Shop and eat at North Point Mall and on Windward Parkway
- Visit the Town Center
- American Girl Boutique and Bistro at the North Point Mall. It is the only American Girl Boutique and Bistro in the Southeast
- There are many stores on West Windward Parkway, including WalMart, Costco, Home Depot, and many restaurants
- Madras Chettinaad, Alpharetta Common Shopping Center (next to Publix), 4305 State Bridge Rd #108, ☏ . M-F 11:30AM-3PM; Sa Su noon–3PM; Daily 5PM-10PM. Indian restaurant. Buffet is only served during lunch. Mains $8-14.
- Extended Stay Rock Mill Rd, 1950 Rock Mill Rd, ☏ . $70 average.
- Extended Stay North Point, 3331 Old Milton Pkwy, toll-free: . $65 average.
- Stay Bridge Suites, 3980 North Point Pkwy, ☏ . From $82.
- Marriott Residence Inn, 1325 North Point Dr (near North Point Mall), ☏ . From $130.
- Hotel Marriott, 5750 Windward Parkway (take exit 9), ☏ . From $104.
- 1 Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North, 4025 Windward Plaza Dr (GA Route 400 North Exit 11), ☏ . From $61.
- The Alpharetta Welcome Center, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Roswell — has a nice historical district, you may want to visit that.
- Dahlonega — Banjarmasinis known for its old gold mines, while most are inaccessible, one is. Touring the mine is a great experience, and guided tours are available.
|Routes through Alpharetta|
|Asheville ← Dahlonega ←||N S||→ Roswell → Atlanta|