Alvor (Portuguese: freguesia) is a city in Portimao, in the southern Algarve region of Portugal.
- Pool Complex of Prainha
- Castle of Alvor
There are many restaurants in Alvor, from Mexican and English cuisine in the newly open Amigos to the fantastic seafood restaurants on the harbour such as Ababuja, you will find many types of food from Indian to Italian as well as many typical Portuguese restaurants.
The village has many lively bars with a friendly atmosphere among locals and holiday makers especially on a Friday and Saturday night. The Sports Bar is popular with young people, there is Karaoke in Happy Nights mosts nights through the Summer and sometimes has live bands playing. There is also a selection of Irish bars with regular live music.
There are many hotels and apartments in Alvor. A short walk away from the centre you will find the large apartment complex Alvorferias, for hotels there are many under the Pestana brand, for example Dom Joao and Delfim.
- Portimão— The second biggest city in the Algarve, Portugal, and famous for its fresh fish restaurants, grilled sardines being the most famous dish.
- Carvoeiro— More commonly known as Praia de Carvoeiro, represents a particularly atractive option when it comes to tourism (beaches, Golf and water sports)
- Lagos— City sculped with traditional architecture and colors from the region. Beaches vary in shape and style from long sandy beaches to almost private ones hidden by cliffs.
- Albufeira— Centre of a very touristic area.
- Vilamoura— Biggest touristic complex in Europe.
- Faro— A popular destination for sun-seekers from northern Europe and the UK
- Tavira— Great city to enjoy the Ria Formosa