Jump to navigation Jump to search
Amelinghausen is a small village which is located to the south of Hamburg and to the west of lüneburg within the region of Lower Saxony and is the seat of the local municipality.
- Take the A7 to exit 42 Evendorf towards Amelinghausen/Döhle. Turn onto Deutsche Ferienstraße Alpen-Ostsee/L212 (signs for Amelinghausen/Evendorf).Take the 3rd left onto Evendorf Osterfeld/K36. Continue onto K45. K45 turns slightly left and becomes Mühlenstraße/K9. Turn left onto Soltauer Str./B209 Turn right onto Uelzener Str./L234 (signs for Uelzen/Wulfsode/Rehlingen). Take the 1st right onto Behnstraße.
- Train There is a train service available within Amelinghausen. It offers the chance to go to Soltau, or if you want to go further then it also links to Bremen, Hanover and Hamburg.
- Bus Service There is a reliable bus service to take you in and around the area. VNN
- Walk The best possible way around the town is to park the car and walk around.
- Heideblutenfest, Hans-Jürgen Pyritz, Oldendorfer Straße 9, ☏ . This is one of the largest festivals in the district of Lüneburg where they celebrate the heather coming into blossom. The festival has been a 60 year tradition in Amelinghausen and takes place every year in mid August.
- Archaeological Museum, Dießelbünte 1, 21385 Oldendorf/Luhe, ☏ . 1 Apr-30 Jun Tue-Sat 1400-1700 Sun & Public Holidays 1000-1600, 1 Jul-31 Oct Tue-Sat 1000-1200&1400-1700 Sun & Public Holidays 1000-1600, 1 Nov-31Mar Sat 1400-1600 Sun 1300-1600. The museum holds personal artifacts for all to enjoy. Adults (18+) €2 Child (10-17) €1.
- Lake Lopausee, Seepromenade 1, ☏ . Lake Lopau is an active area, which provides many sporting possibilities, such as hiking, cycling, horseback riding, Nordic walking and pedal boating! The ropes course is a challenging outdoor personal development and team building activity which consists of some low elements and mainly high elements. Adult €29, Young adult (13-17) €22, Child €16 for 4-5 hours.
- Heide Kanu, Marxener Str. 23, 21385 Oldendorf, ☏ . Paddle a canoe on the beautiful rivers in the south of Hamburg and relax from everyday stress. €25 for 2.
- Heide Lama Trekking, Dietmar Preißler, Gärtnerweg 8, ☏ . This is an opportunity to take out an impressive four legged animal and trek through heathland, taking in the varied landscape with an experienced local “Llamero”. You will have the opportunity to stay in a camping barn or tent for an over night trek. All tours include appropriate meals. Between €20-€260.
- Waldbad Amelinghausen, Zum Lopautal 30, 21385 Amelinghausen, ☏ . Mon 1300-2000 Tue-Fri 0630-2000 Sat-Sun 0900-2000. A sports swimming pool with 8 lanes and a temperature of 22 degrees.
- Farmers Market, In a parking space near Am Grenzweg, 21385 Amelinghausen. Every Thursday between 0700-1300. The market allows you to buy fresh products, such as bread, meat flowers, fruit and vegetables.
- Zum Alchimisten, Auf der Kalten Hude 4, 21385 Amelinghausen, ☏ . Mon,Tue&Fri 1500-2200, Sat-Sun – 1200-2200, Wed & Thu Closed. This restaurant provides a relaxing area where you can enjoy a drink on the patio or beer garden in good weather. It serves traditional German cuisine with a modern twist, or why not try one of the fish specialties which will tingle your taste buds.
- Seestuebchen, An der Lopau 4, 21385 Amelinghausen, ☏ . Nov-Mar Sat&Sunday 1200-1800 Apr-Oct Daily 1200-1800 Tue Closed. This café is right on the Lopausee in Amelinghausen, where you can enjoy a meal in some of the most idyllic surroundings.
- Café im Speicher, Hofweg 1 Hof Etzen, 21385 Amelinghausen, ☏ . You can relax in the summer in the garden where you can enjoy a delicious piece of cake or a refreshing ice cream. It is also possible to bring your four legged friends with you.
- Landgasthaus Niedersachsen, Soltauer Straße 3.21385 Amelinghausen (From Hannover take the A7 north, exit onto the B209 for Amlinghausen), ☏ . The Landgasthaus has been around for 400 years and is located in the centre of Amelinghausen and is possible to get to a number of larger cities. This hotel is listed building and offers 10 cosy rooms for a short stay.
- Schenck's Hotel and Guesthouse, Lüneburger Straße 48, 21385 Amelinghausen, ☏ . Check-in: 1400-2200, check-out: 1100. The hotel is within the protected area of Lüneburger Heide. It allows direct access to the city of Lüneburg. The Guesthouse complex is within the centre of the village, or if you want to treat yourself why not book into the exclusive Barghus complex and spa area. Guesthouse €72-€79 Barghus - €99-€109.