- Stewart International Airport (SWF IATA). The closest major airport. Allegiant Air, American Eagle, and JetBlue operate flights from Florida and Philadelphia.
- Westchester County Airport (HPN IATA). Two counties away, but an alternative to the congestion of the 3 major international airports around New York City. Rental cars available.
- Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark, New Jersey; John F. Kennedy International Airport; and LaGuardia Airport.
Taconic State Parkway to Route 44 into Amenia.
- Metro-North Railroad - Harlem line. Service between Wassaic station and New York City's Grand Central Terminal is about 2 hours. Local service is available between other Metro-North commuter stations. On-board train fares are subject to a stiff surcharge, so buy your tickets at the vending machines at the Wassaic station or at the machines or ticket windows in Grand Central Terminal in New York.
There are several local buildings that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States, including the Indian Rock Schoolhouse, pictured on this page.
- Innisfree Garden, Tyrrel Rd, Millbrook (10 mi (17 km) W on Route 44), ☏ . May 7-Oct 20: W Th F 10AM-4 PM; Sa Su and legal holidays 11AM-5PM. Closed M and Tu except legal holidays. 150-acre garden open to the public. Chinese landscape design incorporates streams, waterfalls, rocks, and plants. Center piece is the 40 acre glacial lake. No pets. W Th F: $4/person 4 and older. Sa Su and legal holidays: $5/person 4 and older.
- Cascade Mountain Winery & Restaurant, 835 Cascade Mountain Rd, ☏ .
- Millbrook Vineyards & Winery, 26 Wing Rd, Millbrook, ☏ , toll-free: . Renowned winery with a long list of awards for its wines. 130 acres with 30 planted to grapes. The winery is located in a renovated dairy barn that has great views of the rolling hills of Dutchess County and of the Catskills across the Hudson River. The proprietors also own two wineries in California and one in Tuscany. Guided tours and tastings year round, daily noon-5PM. From Memorial Day through Labor Day daily 11AM-6PM.
- Clinton Vineyards & Winery, 450 Schultzville Rd, Clinton Corners, ☏ .
There are antique stores in the area.
- Millbrook Diner, 224 Franklin Ave, Millbrook, ☏ . Greek and American cuisine.
Coffee and tea
- Harney & Sons, Millerton, 13 Main St, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 11AM-4PM. Harney & Sons is a supplier of fine tea to renowned restaurants and hotels. The company headquarters and distribution center is on the outskirts of the village and it operates a tea shop and tasting room on Main Street. Visit the tasting room for a perfect cup of tea. The staff is courteous and graciously shares their vast knowledge of tea.
- Troutbeck, 515 Leedsville Rd, ☏ . In the manner of an English country estate. Has pool, fishing, tennis, hiking, health club, ballroom.
|Routes through Amenia|
|END ←||N S||→ Brewster → White Plains|