- Stewart International Airport (SWF IATA). The closest major airport. Allegiant Air, American Eagle, and JetBlue operate flights from Florida and Philadelphia.
- Westchester County Airport (HPN IATA). Two counties away, but an alternative to the congestion of the 3 major international airports around New York City. Rental cars available.
- Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark, New Jersey; John F. Kennedy International Airport; and LaGuardia Airport.
Taconic State Parkway to Route 44 into Amenia.
- Metro-North Railroad - Harlem line. Service between Wassaic station and New York City's Grand Central Terminal is about 2 hours. Local service is available between other Metro-North commuter stations. On-board train fares are subject to a stiff surcharge, so buy your tickets at the vending machines at the Wassaic station.
There are several local buildings that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States, including the Indian Rock Schoolhouse, pictured on this page.
There are antique stores in the area.
- Troutbeck, 515 Leedsville Rd, ☏ . In the manner of an English country estate. Has pool, fishing, tennis, hiking, health club, ballroom.
|Routes through Amenia|
|END ←||N S||→ Brewster → White Plains|