Anacapri is one of two towns in Capri. It's the second town of Capri with no sea views except on Monte Solaro, but a fun place nonetheless.
Walking is sufficient.
- Villa San Michele is the 19th century mansion of Axel Munthe, a Capri personality, €5, open daily 09:00-17:00 The villa is the life work of Axel Munthe who restored the ancient villa and built up his collection of antiquities in the villa. To really enjoy this gem get yourself a copy of "the Story of San Michele" by Axel Munthe. It is a mystical and wondrous story that will be reread many times.
- The St. Michael's Church has a beautiful tiled floor depiction of Adam & Eve, €1, open daily 09:00-16:45, in town centr7e.
- Capri Diorama in a courtyard near the Tourist Information office, is a large, painted model of the island. Avoid it between 14:00 & 15:00, when cruise ship crowds deluge it, on Via G. Orlandi, €3, open daily 09:00-19:30, closed November to march. Telephone: 081-837-1169.
- Grotto Azzurra (Blue Grotto): See main Capri article.
- The Monte Solaro Chairlift goes up to the 1,900 ft (580 m) high summit of Mt. Solaro, with a commanding view at the top of the entire Naples Bay. It takes 15 minutes up or down, €9 round-trip, €7 one way (you can hike for 40 minutes down from the summit), open daily in summer 09:30-17:00, last run down at 17:30, November to March last run at 15:30.
- The Faro Lighthouse, reached by bus from Anacapri (2 an hour) is a great place to enjoy the sunset, along with its beach pool, and restaurants.
- Tourist Information, ☏ . The office is on the pedestrian street near Piazza Vittorio, open Monday to Saturday 09:00-15:00, closed Sunday, often closed November to Easter.
There are many roadside vendors and small restaurants.
- Cafe Michelangelo (near the main square.). A good spot for people watching - also does good light meals/lunches.
- Cafe Nautilus. The best coffee in Anacapri.
- The Green Lantern Bar (just outside town on Via G. Orlandi). Cocktails on the terrace and a fabulous view of the Bay of Naples.
Bellavista, Casa Caprille, Villa Capri, Senaria, Loreley, La Porta, Due Pini Residence, Il Mulino, Da Gelsolmina Migliera
- Go to the rest of Capri, like a cruise around the rocks or Blue Grotto
- Take a boat to Naples, or the ruined Roman towns of Pompeii or Herculaneum.
- Go to the neighboring islands of Ischia & Procida
- Go to the Amalfi Coast and the town of Sorrento
- See Greek temples at Paestum