Apopka is a city in Orange County, Florida. The population of Apopka was around 41,000 at the 2010 census. As at 2019, the city's population was estimated to have jumped to over 53,000. Apopka is a Native American word for "Potato-eating place".
- 1 Apopka Superstop bus station.
A couple of Orlando's Florida toll expressways pass through the area. FL-451, also a toll road, connects the expressway network to Apopka.
- 1 Apopka Seaboard Air Line Railway Depot, 36 E Station St. In 1918 the station was built as a part of Florida's extensive railroad network. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.
- 2 Carroll Building, 407-409 S Park Ave. Since operated as a bakery, the building was once a history museum. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.
- 3 Mitchill-Tibbetts House (Miner House), 21 East Orange St. Added to the National Register in 1991, early residents included R. Mitchell and Union Army General George Tibbetts.
- 4 Museum of the Apopkans, 122 E 5th St, ☏ . Regional history museum.
- 5 Ryan & Company Lumber Yard (Ryan Bros., Inc.), 215 E 5th St. One of multiple Apopka buildings added to the register in 1993.
- 6 Waite-Davis House (Leslie P. Waite House), 5 South Central Ave. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.
- 1 Rock Springs Run Kelly Park, 400 E Kelly Park Rd (follow the park road east until it turns left and becomes Baptist Camp Road. Then make a right turn to go to the park), ☏ . summer 8AM–8PM, winter summer 8AM–6PM. Beautiful natural springs with lazy river that you can tube down, crystal clear water.
- 2 Wekiwa Springs State Park, 1800 Wekiwa Cir, ☏ . Comprises around 7,000 acres (28 km²) of wild Florida. The springs pump out 42 million gallons of crystal clear water a day. Popular activities at the park include canoeing, swimming, picnicking and fishing. $6 per vehicle.
- 1 Argo's Family Diner, 3346 E Semoran Blvd, ☏ . M–Sa 6:30AM–3PM, Su 7AM–3PM.
- 2 Caffe Positano, 3030 E Semoran Blvd, ☏ . Su–Th 11AM–9PM, F–Sa 11AM–10PM.
- 1 Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando-Apopka, 321 S Lake Cortez Dr, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 2 Hilton Garden Inn Apopka City Center, 580 E Main St, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.