Ari (also Alif, Alifu) is an atoll in the Maldives. It is divided into two parts, North Ari (Alif Alif) and South Ari (Alif Dhaal).
Ari is the original Dhivehi name of the atoll, while Alif Alif and Alif Dhaal are administrative codenames for the northern and southern parts of it.
North Ari Atoll
- 1 Rasdhoo – capital of North Ari Atoll
- 2 Bodufolhudhoo
- 3 Feridhoo
- 4 Himandhoo
- 5 Maalhos
- 6 Mathiveri
- 7 Thoddoo – the largest producer of watermelon in Maldives
- 8 Ukulhas
South Ari Atoll
- 9 Mahibadhoo – capital of South Ari Atoll
- 10 Dhangethi (Island of Moon)
- 11 Didhdhoo
- 12 Dhigurah
- 13 Fenfushi
- 14 Hangnaameedhoo
- 15 Kunburudhoo
- 16 Maamigili
- 17 Mandhoo
- 18 Omadhoo
Most of the inhabited islands can be reached by the public ferries from Male, run by MTCC company. Trip lasts from 3 to 6 hours and costs 51 MVR. There are also private companies that run fast ferries with prices about 45-65 USD (as of 2016) but the trip duration time gets decreased to mere 1-2 hours.
Resorts can also be reached by seaplane from Male, which takes 20-30 minutes.
- Conrad Maldives. US$500+.
- Mirihi. Resort with great diving even on the house reef.
- Vakarufalhi Island Resort, South, ☎ . Tiny circular island with 50 beach-facing, fairly basic bungalows. Most people come here for the diving, provided by ProDivers. US$200.
- 1 [dead link]The Island Pavilion Hotel & Spa, Hangnaameedhoo, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 6-room hotel on the beach front of the island, enclose with green vegetation.
All inhabited islands of the atoll have mobile coverage provided by two national mobile operators (Dhiraagu and Ooredoo), both offer 3G/LTE type of connection.