Mathiveri can be reached by slow public ferry from Malé on Su, Tu, Th at 09:00, trip takes 5 hours and costs 53 MVR. Timetable can be checked at the company operating these routes web site. This boat then proceeds to other islands of North Ari Atoll: Feridhoo (1 hour), Maalhos (1 hr 30 min) and Himandhoo (2 hours). In the opposite direction to Male it passes such islands as: Bodufulhadhoo (trip takes 30 min), Ukulhas (1 hour), Rasdhoo (2 hours).
Three times weekly there is a public boat to Thoddoo, trip takes 3 hr 15 min, costs 21 MVR.
Fast boats are available too, trip lasts for two hours and costs 50 USD (as of 2016). Companies operating on this route:
- Coral Speed Boat, ☏ , . twice daily
- Nevi Speed Boat, ☏ . twice daily
- VitaminSea Sports, ☏ . Water sports: jet ski, water skiing and the likes.
Eat and drink
- Second Home Restaurant, ☏ .
- Asrafee Garden, ☏ .
- Pizza Palace, ☏ .
- Casa Mia Maldives, ☏ .
- Mathiveri Inn Guesthouse, ☏ .
- Mathiveri Stay, ☏ .
- Mathiveri Lodge, ☏ .
- Riveli Retreat, ☏ .
- Holiday Mathiveri Inn, ☏ .
- Bella Vista Inn, ☏ .
- 1 Nika Island Resort (Nika Island) (Transfer by Seaplane), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. From 600$ per night.
Mobile operators Dhiraagu and Ooredoo operate on the island and offer 3G/LTE type of connections. Dhiraagu provide fastest home broadband to this Island.
There is a health centre providing basic health care services and also a police station.