There's a similar (lack of) atmosphere to neighboring Norwalk and Cerritos, but it's a great place to pick up an embroidered sari, woof down a tasty malasa dosa, buy the latest pirated "Best of Kareena Kapoor" compilation and catch a recent Bollywood flick on the large screen.
The 605 Freeway runs through Artesia and connects to the 5, 91, and 105 freeways. South St is the Artesia exit.
- 1 Artesia Historical Museum (Frampton/Dantema House), 18644 Alburtis Ave, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 2nd Sa of the month 1PM-3PM. A home restored to its original 1929 Spanish style with an interior to match.
- 1 East West Ice Palace, 11446 Artesia Blvd., ☏ , fax: . Check website for public skating sessions. Ice skating rink best known for being co-owned by Olympic medal figure skater Michelle Kwan. $10, 10 and under - $9, Skate rental $3.
You can find a number of Indian grocery and clothing shops along Pioneer Blvd.
- 1 Rasa Indian Grocery, 18707 Pioneer Blvd, ☏ . 9AM-8PM. A pretty standard and well-stocked Indian grocery store.
- 2 Bombay Sweets & Snacks, 18526 Pioneer Blvd, ☏ . 11AM-9PM. Large selection of sweets and savories. They will customize a gift box of your choices.
While Indian food dominates, there are also several Chinese, Vietnamese, Italian and Bangladeshi restaurants scattered around off the main parts of Pioneer Blvd and South St.
- 1 Jay Bharat Restaurant, 18701 Pioneer Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: . 11AM-8:30PM. A relatively small but tasty menu of snacks and South Indian specialties, including tasty dosas and uttapam. Snacks $2-5, dosas $4-7, thalis $10.
- 2 Ambala Sweets & Snacks, 18433 Pioneer Blvd, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 10AM-9PM. A selection of good dosas and snacks, very popular.
- 3 Rajdhani, 18525 Pioneer Blvd, ☏ . Tu-F 11:30AM-3PM, 6PM-9PM, Sa-Su 11:30AM-9PM. One of the finest vegetarian restaurants in the area. Specialty is Rajashthani/Gujarati style lunch and dinners.
- 4 Udupi Palace, 18635 Pioneer Blvd, ☏ . Su, Tu-Th 11:30AM-9PM, F-Sa 11:30AM-10PM, M closed. Reasonable southern Indian vegetarian dishes. Simple, modern clean decor. Free parking at back.
- 5 Ashoka Cuisine of India, 18614 Pioneer Blvd, ☏ . M-F 11AM-3PM, 5PM-10PM, Sa-Su 11AM-10PM. Great Northern Indian and Punjabi food. $11-30.
- 6 Little Dhaka, 18159 Pioneer Blvd, ☏ . 10AM-10PM daily. Tucked away in a minimall, this is the place to pick up some halal meat, or have a quick bite to eat, Bangladeshi style. There's a small selection of authentic fish and vegetable curries and biryani. $4-8.
- 1 Days Inn & Suites Artesia, 17510 Pioneer Blvd, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. No pets allowed.
- 2 Rodeway Inn, 11854 Artesia Blvd, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Free high-speed internet and continental breakfast. No pets allowed.
|Routes through Artesia|
|Long Beach ← Cerritos ←||W E||→ Buena Park → Anaheim|