- For other places with the same name, see Cerritos (disambiguation).
Cerritos is a city in Los Angeles County.
Cerritos is the gateway from Orange County to Los Angeles County, and it's often mistaken for being in Orange County. Located in the center of Southern California. The 91 Freeway and the 605 Freeway crosses it and it's close to the 405, 105 and Highway 5.
- Cerritos on Wheels (COW), ☏ . M-F 6AM-8PM, Sa 9AM-5PM. Local bus line on two routes with hourly service at each stop. There is an iPhone and Android app available that tracks the buses in real time. $0.50.
- Metro, ☏ (GO-METRO). Fares Regular: $1.75 (transfers within the MTA system are not free); Seniors (62 and older), Medicare, Disabled: $0.75; Two children under age 5 may travel free with each fare-paying adult. Regular Metro Day Pass: $7, valid on all MTA Bus and rail lines. Transfers to other systems, $0.50.
- Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA), ☏ . Fares Regular: $2; Seniors (60 and older), Medicare, Disabled: $0.75. OCTA also offers a Day Pass Regular: $5; Seniors (62 and older), etc. $1.50. See the website for multi-day passes.
- Norwalk Transit System (NTS), ☏ . M-Th 8AM-6PM, F 8AM-5PM. 5 routes serving Norwalk, Artesia, Bellflower, Cerritos, La Mirada, Santa Fe Springs, and Whittier $1.25, student $1.00, Senior/Disabled/Medicare Card Holder $0.60, Transfers $0.50.
- 1 Cerritos Public Library, 18025 Bloomfield Ave, ☏ . M-F 10AM-9PM, Sa 9AM-5PM, Su 1AM-5PM. Named Reader's Digest America's Best 100 public libraries in 2004. Melvill Dewey wouldn't know what to think. The titanium skin of the Cerritos Library changes color in the light, but it's inside that things get really revolutionary. Meaning: no more shushing or musty bookshelves. Instead, visitors get quick answers from staff at information stands modeled after hotel concierge desks. Roving librarians use wireless headsets and handheld computers. The children's area features a full-size T. rex replica and a NASA space shuttle model. A 15,000-gallon aquarium makes the place a bit like Disneyland (just a few exits southeast). Computers (200) and laptop ports (1,200) bring the world to anyone with a library card (Note: non-Cerritos residents must pay $100 per year for the privilege).
- 2 Cerritos Sculpture Garden, 18135 Bloomfield Ave (Adjacent to the Sheriff's Station on 183rd St.), ☏ . Garden offering a collection of public artwork including a memorial to the victims of the 1986 Cerritos Air Disaster, a collision between a small plane and commercial jetliner. free.
- 1 Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts, 12700 Center Court Drive, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ TicketOffice@CerritosCenter.com. Dynamically configurable performing art center that hosts everything from large-scale musicals to intimate concerts.
- 2 Heritage Park, 18600 Bloomfield Ave, ☏ . M-F 10AM-9:30PM, Sa-Su: 10AM-6PM (fall and winter)/10AM-8PM (spring and summer). The centerpiece of the park is a Colonial American themed playground on an island.
- 1 Los Cerritos Center, 239 Los Cerritos Center, ☏ (call or text). M-F 10AM-9PM, Sa 10AM-8PM, Su 11AM-7PM. Over 150 stores and eateries and a movie theater with reserved seating in reclining chairs.
- 2 [dead link] Cerritos Town Center (southeast corner of Artesia Blvd. and Bloomfield Ave). Outdoor shopping, dining, and entertainment complex.
- 3 Cerritos Auto Square (Studebaker Rd. between South St. and 183rd St.). Billed as one of the largest automotive shopping plazas in America with 23 automobile brands in a 1/2 mile stretch of road. Prices tend to be higher here than other local dealers due to the prestige of being located here.
- 1 Arte Cafe, 12741 Towne Center Dr, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Su-Th 11AM-2:30PM, 5PM-9PM, F-Sa 11AM-2:30PM, 5PM-10PM. French Cuisine with a Pacific Rim Influence & Sushi in a sophisticated contemporary atmosphere. Full bar with more than 30 Single Malt Scotches Cigar friendly with a large selection of fine cigars.
- 2 Northern Cafe, 11468 South St, ☏ . Su-Th 11AM-10PM, F-Sa 11AM-11PM. Very good Chinese food
- 3 Elbows Mac n' Cheese, 11405 South Street, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Su-Th 11AM-9PM, F-Sa 11AM-10PM. Gourmet macaroni and cheese ranging from classic mac to pepperoni pizza to marsala. The location is tiny so large parties may not be able to sit together.
- 4 Gen Korean BBQ, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-11PM, F 11AM-midnight, Sa-Su 10AM-midnight. All you can eat Korean BBQ. Lunch $15.99 / Dinner $20.99.
- 1 , 11900 South St., Ste 106, ☏ . 11:30AM-10PM.
- 2 Tapioca Express, 12765 Towne Center Dr. #J-2, ☏ . Su-Th: 11AM-10PM, F-Sa: 11AM-11PM.
- 3 Fusion Tea Bar, 11312 South St, ☏ .
- 4 TBaar, 239 Los Cerritos Ctr, Ste. F09D, ☏ , ✉ Info@tbaar.com.
- 1 Sheraton Cerritos, 12725 Center Court Dr, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Heated outdoor pool, fitness center. One pet under 80 lbs allowed for $25 fee. Located across the street from the Center for Performing Arts so this would be a convenient place to stay if you are in town for a show. $120-260.
- Knott's Berry Farm is in next door Buena Park.
- Disneyland is a short drive down the 91 and 5 freeways.
- The city of Long Beach has much to offer as well and is only a few minutes away on the 605 freeway.
|Routes through Cerritos|
|Whittier ← Norwalk ←||N S||→ Lakewood → Long Beach|
|Long Beach ← Bellflower ←||W E||→ Artesia → Anaheim|