North America > United States of America > Great Plains > North Dakota > Red River Valley (North Dakota) > ArvillaJump to navigation Jump to search
The town was originally named Orange, after Orange County, NY which was home to some early settlers. When it was platted on Dudley Hershey's farm, it was renamed in honor of Arvilla Hershey, his wife.
- By car: about 22 miles west of Grand Forks on US Hy 2.
- Fishing Turtle river is stocked with rainbow trout. Fishing gear available at park office.
- Cross Country Skiing, trails in TRSP.
- Hiking, trails in TRSP.
- Biking, trails in TRSP.
- Cabins, ☏ . 12 duplex units in Turtle River State Park. Reservations accepted up to 1 year in advance.
- Devils Lake is about an hour west on US Highway 2, for those who like to fish.
- The bustling city of Grand Forks is only about 20 miles east on US Highway 2.
|Routes through Arvilla|
|Minot ← Devils Lake ←||W E||→ Grand Forks → Bemidji|