Bemidji is a beautiful, medium sized city with interesting people. Coming into the city from the south along Highway 71, visitors become immediately aware that they are in a city and not one of the many towns along the way. The highway enters the city to the east, allowing the traveler a view of the town along the main thoroughfare "Paul Bunyan Dr." The prominence of the character shows as you pass the statue of the character on the right of the road, at the lake front access to Lake Bemidji. The old downtown district is to the left of the highway. A rectangular area is home to numerous shops and restaurants that cater to the city's tourist trade. The lake stretches to the north and is lined with large homes and access points and provides a wonderful view. The main road through town makes a left, leading to the major commercial center of town.
- Amtrak Service from nearby Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
- Paul Bunyan & Babe the Blue Ox, 300 Paul Bunyan Dr NE, toll-free: . 24/7. Original Paul Bunyan Statue erected in 1937, 2nd most photographed roadside attraction in the nation. free.
- Fishing and hunting
- Bemidji State University
- Concordia Language Village
- Paul Bunyan Mall, 1401 Paul Bunyan Drive NW.
- The Wild Hare Bistro, 523 Minnesota Ave NW. M - F: 7AM-5PM, Sat: 9AM-3PM, Sun: Closed.
- New China, 412 Beltrami Ave NW. Chinese
- Tutto Bene, 300 Beltrami Ave NW, ☏ . Italian
- Keg-N-Cork, 310 Beltrami Ave NW. American
- Bar 209, 209 Minnesota Ave NW.
- The Blue Ox Bar & Grill, 128 1st St, ☏ .
- AmericInn Lodge & Suites, 1200 Paul Bunyan Drive NW, ☏ .
- DoubleTree by Hilton Bemidji, 115 Lake Shore Dr NE, ☏ .
|Routes through Bemidji|
|Grand Forks ← Erskine ←||W E||→ Grand Rapids → Duluth|
|END ← International Falls ←||N S||→ Itasca State Park → Sauk Centre|