- 1 Ascoli Piceno — its historic centre was built almost entirely in travertine, and is admired for its artistic and architectural wealth
- 2 Montalto delle Marche — a town built around a medieval village
- 3 Ripatransone
- On the border with Umbria , the Sibillini mountains are limestone reliefs scattered with caves and very green landscapes. The ascent to Mount Vettore, the highest in the chain (2,476 meters) and to Lake Pilato of glacial origin, takes place from Arquata del Tronto (about 40 km from Ascoli Piceno along the state road nº 4). The nearby village of Montemonaco (600 inhabitants) is the basis for excursions to Mount Sibilla and its cave.
The nearest airports are:
- 1 Abruzzo Airport ( PSR IATA, Pescara Airport). Airport for national and international flights.
- 2 Marche Airport ( AOI IATA, Ancona Falconara International Airport), ☏ . Airport for national and international flights.
An appetizer present in many national and international restaurants: olives all'ascolana. The recipe sounds simple, but it takes a long time and various preparation steps. Other key ingredients are large green olives, and various types of minced cooked meat.