North Loop is in Austin, several miles north of downtown, but not as far north as what is now called "North Austin". This article also covers the "Brentwood" and "Crestview" neighborhoods, as well as the area around ACC Highland (formerly Highland mall).
- 1 Crestview station, 6920 North Lamar Boulevard. Capital MetroRail commuter rail station and Capital MetroRapid premium bus station
- Monkeywrench Books, 110 E. North Loop Blvd. Anarchist bookstore.
- Room Service Vintage, 107 E. North Loop Blvd. 11AM-7PM daily.
- Dan's Hamburgers, 5602 N Lamar Blvd. (near Lamar and Koenig), ☎ . Big, greasy burgers and tasty milkshakes. There is also Fran's Hamburgers; the story is that Dan & Fran divorced and each took part of the franchise.
- Jesus Maria Mexican Restaurant, 1304 W Koenig Ln., ☎ . Monday-Saturday 6:30AM-10PM, Sunday 6:30AM-5PM. Jalisco-style Mexican food.
- Torchy's Tacos, 5119 Burnet Rd, ☎ . Monday-Thursday 7AM-10PM, Friday 7AM-11PM, Saturday 8AM-11PM, Sunday 8AM-10PM.
- Amy's Ice Creams, 5624 Burnet Rd, ☎ . Sunday-Thursday 11AM-10:30PM, Friday-Saturday 11AM-11:30PM.
- Epoch Coffee, 221 West North Loop Boulevard, Austin, TX 78751-1919, ☎ . open 24 hours. Open 24 hours a day, but this spacious coffee shop would be worth visiting regardless. Good coffee, board games, free wifi.
- 1 Threadgill's, 6416 North Lamar Blvd, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The menu focuses on southern comfort food. The chicken fried steaks, salads, and peach cobbler are all especially good. A famous concert venue, starting the likes of Janis Joplin. Weekly gospel brunch on Sunday, for which you might want to call for reservations.
- Barfly's, 5420 Airport Blvd., ☎ . Monday-Friday 5PM-2AM, Saturday-Sunday 7PM-2AM. A small, dark dive bar populated by an older, blue-collar crowd on weeknights (especially Thursday night pool tournaments) and a decidedly more hip, collegiate crowd Friday through Sunday. Drinks are cheap and stiff, costing anywhere from $1.50 for bottled Lonestar (the "national beer of Texas" according to the label) to $7 for a generously poured double-shot. No food is available, and there is nothing on draft, however the bar does boast two pool tables, an impressively eclectic jukebox (Willie Nelson, The Misfits, Van Halen, and Refused all make appearances), a few arcade games, and a large outdoor smoking patio (smoking in Austin bars is banned by a city-wide ordinance) with tables and benches. Barfly's does become rather crowded on weekends by 10, and seating is virtually unheard of by 10:30. Get there early or be prepared to stand.
- Workhorse Bar, 100 N Loop Blvd. Park yourself on a stool and get ready to feel like a local who's having his third beer at 3 PM on a Tuesday.
- 1 Country Inn & Suites Austin-North (Radisson), 7400 IH35 North, Austin North, ☎ , fax: . Charming country style décor.