You can reach Northwest Austin via I-35 North to US 183, or via MoPac Expressway North. Bus service is available from downtown and the North Transit Center. Light rail service, started in 2010, has stations at The Domain on MoPac, near MoPac and Howard Lane/McNeil Road, Lakeline Mall area and Leander.
- Lake Travis (Northern side of Lake Travis is in the Northwest Austin area, at Volente and Lago Vista) (RM 2222 then north on RR 620, or US 183 north to Anderson Mill Road west (turns into Volente Road) or US 183 north to RM 1431 west).
- Austin Steam Train (Hill Country Flyer, Bertram Flyer and Twilight Flyer offer steam train excursions from Cedar Park to Burnet and Bertram. They also have special murder mystery and storytelling trains.), Discovery Blvd., near Bell Blvd. and Whitestone Blvd., Cedar Park (I-35 or MoPac north to US 183, which turns into Bell Blvd. in Cedar Park), ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Balcones Country Club (Two private 18-hole golf courses, but with reciprocal privileges.), 8600 Balcones Club Dr (US 183 North, exit Anderson Mill, u-turn, turn right on second Balcones Club Drive), ☎ .
- Bull Creek District Park (48 acre park on Bull Creek. Dog Lovers like to congregate and socialize here. Swimming, wading.), 6701 Lakewood Dr. (Take 2222 west to Lakewood (opposite County Line BBQ)).
- Bull Creek Greenbelt (477 acres along Bull Creek. Hiking, swimming, wading.), 7806 N. Capital of Texas Highway (Take 2222 east to Loop 360 North).
- Dave & Buster's, 9333 Research Blvd, #A600, ☎ . Sunday-Thursday 11:30AM-Midnight, Friday-Saturday 'til 2AM. Games (arcade, billiards, shuffleboard), restaurant and bar.
- Volente Beach Waterpark (Small waterpark, restaurant and bar on the shores of Lake Travis), 16107 FM 2769, ☎ .
- Main Event, 13301 N US Hwy 183 (US 183 North, exit Anderson Mill Rd., on north frontage road.), ☎ . Tuesday-Thursday + Sunday 11AM-Midnight, Friday-Saturday-Monday 11AM-2AM. Arcade, bowling, billiards, laser tag, glow golf, gravity ropes and rock climbing. Restaurant and bar.
- Texas Stars, H-E-B Center, 2100 Avenue of the Stars, Cedar Park (US 183A North, exit FM 1431), ☎ . See website for game dates and times. American Hockey League team affiliated with the Dallas Stars
- Austin Spurs, H-E-B Center, 2100 Avenue of the Stars, Cedar Park (US 183A North, exit FM 1431), ☎ . See website for game dates and times. NBA G League team affiliated with the San Antonio Spurs
- 1 H-E-B Center (Cedar Park Center), 2100 Avenue of the Stars, Cedar Park (US 183A, Exit FM 1431), ☎ . Arena seating 6600-8200 for sporting, concerts, family shows and graduation ceremonies.
- Alamo Drafthouse Theaters - Village, 2700 Anderson Ln (MoPac North, exit Spicewood Springs/Anderson and turn right), ☎ . One of five Alamo Drafthouse Theaters in Austin, with meals, drink and snacks served throughout each film. This one focuses on art and limited release films.
- Alamo Drafthouse Theater - Lake Creek, 13729 Research Blvd. (US 183 North, exit Lake Creek Parkway), ☎ . One of five Alamo Drafthouse Theaters in Austin, with meals, drink and snacks served throughout each film. This one focuses on major releases, but there are still quirky events that the Alamo Drafthouse is famous for.
- Gold Class Cinemas, 3225 Amy Donovan Plaza (MoPac north, exit Braker Lane east, then left onto Domain Drive), ☎ . First Class cinema experience, with full food and drink menu, reserved seating in recliners.
- Regal Arbor 8 Cinema @ Great Hills, 9828 Great Hills Trail, Suite 800 (US183 North, exit Great Hills, turn left, turn right onto Jollyville, cinema is on your right), ☎ . 8 theaters with a focus on art/foreign/limited distribution films
- 2 [dead link] iFLY Austin, 13265 N Hwy 183 Austin, Texas 78750. Indoor skydiving facility for all ages. Facilities for families and groups.
Northwest Austin shopping primarily runs along US 183 (Research Blvd.) and MoPac Expressway. Many affluent, albeit chain, shops and stores are located in this part of town.
- Cedar Park Farms to Market, Lakeline Mall parking lot, near Dillard's (US183, exit RR620, turn left, right on Ridgeline), ☎ . 09:00AM to 1PM Saturday. Good Farmer's Market with produce, dairy, eggs, meat, bread, canned goods and other items. Live music.
- The Arboretum (US 183 and Great Hills Trail). Open-air mall which includes Barnes & Noble Books, Pottery Barn, Chico's, Gap, Nine West, Express, Restoration Hardware, Salon 505 Day Spa, Amy's Ice Cream, The Cheesecake Factory and others.
- The Domain and Domain Crossing (Braker and MoPac). The Domain is an upscale open-air mall and hosts Neiman Marcus, Tiffany's, Macy's, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, Emporio Armani, Tiffany & Co. Louis Vitton, Victoria's Secret and many others.
- 1 Lakeline Mall (US 183 and RR 620). This is a traditional indoor mall. The anchor stores are Dillard's, J.C. Penney, Sears and Macy's
- Fry's Electronics, 12707 N MoPac Expressway (At Parmer Lane). Fry's is an electronic superstore with everything from toasters to HD TV's to computers to electronic components. Each Fry's is themed, Austin's is music.
- Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, 10515 N. Mopac Expressway, Bldg. L, ☎ . Vitamins, health supplements, and natural groceries with an amazing amount of items in such a small space.
- Sprouts Farmers Market, 10225 Great Hills Trail, Suite 1000 (at US183), ☎ . Sprouts is a chain featuring fresh produce, meat and deli counter, vitamins, bulk foods, health foods and gourmet items
- Chinatown, 3407 Greystone Dr, ☎ . Authentic Chinese flavor with a modern twist. Not really fusion, not really traditional either, but very delicious. The restaurant is located upstairs in a two-story building; the bottom floor houses the Japanese restaurant Musashino
- Curra's Grill. An Austin original, this restaurant brings outstanding traditional interior Mexican food to four locations. Some of the best pork recipes around and you will not find better Mexican style seafood dishes anywhere in the city. The south eatery is at 614 East Oltorf and the north location is at 6801 Burnet Road.
- Din Ho Chinese Bar-B-Q, 8557 Research Blvd, ☎ . Open till 1AM most nights.. Lunch and dinner. Some of the most authentic Chinese fare in town, specializing in Cantonese and seafood dishes. Chinese BBQ pork and whole roast duck are available for take-out as well. Don't bring Caucasian friends who are squeamish about real Chinese food - take them to Chinatown instead.
- Enchiladas Y Mas, 1911 W Anderson Ln (just east of Burnet Road), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tuesday-Saturday 7AM-9PM, Sunday 7AM-2PM. As the name implies this restaurant has enchiladas, and they are some of the best north of San Antonio. "y Mas", as it is called by locals, has a broad selection of Tex-Mex fare including flautas, soft and crispy tacos, migas, burritos, and fajitas. This is a must try on the Tex-Mex trail in Austin. They are closed on Mondays and the lunch crowd starts early, so be prepared for a short wait between 11AM and 1PM. y Mas has the best motto in town, "Never trust a skinny cook!". Dinners $6-10.
- Freda's Seafood Grille, 10903 Pecan Park Blvd (US183 North, exit Lake Creek Pkwy, left on Pecan Park, on your left before RR620), ☎ . Monday-Thursday 11AM-10PM, Friday-Saturday 'til 11PM, Sunday 10AM-9PM. Entrees $12-$26, plus sandwiches and lunch specials.
- Donn's Texas BBQ, 5236 Oak Meadow Dr, ☎ . Mon-Sat: 10:00am - 9pm Sunday: 10:00am - 8pm. Authentic Texas Barbecue restaurant offering full bar. Ribs&Chips is worth to try. Prices from $10.
- Jardin Corona, 13233 Pond Springs Rd., ☎ . A favorite of those living in Northwest Austin (Jollyville area).
- Kerbey Lane Cafe, 13435 N Hwy 183, ☎ . 24 hours.
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse, 13492 N US Highway 183, #380 (US 183 to Anderson Mill Road, NW corner), ☎ , fax: , e-mail: info@KobeAustin.com. Sunday-Thursday 11AM-10PM, Friday-Saturday 11AM-11PM. Steak, including Kobe beef, chicken, seafood and vegetables grilled at the table by entertaining chefs. Entrees $14-$35.
- Manuel's, 10201 Jollyville Rd (US 183, exit Capital of Texas Hwy, turn left on Great Hills Pkwy, right on Jollyville Rd.), ☎ . Call for hours. "Award Winning Mexican Cooking" Entrees $10-$24.
- Musashino Sushi Dokoro, 3407 Greystone Dr., ☎ . Sunday 5:30PM-10PM, Tuesday-Thursday 11:30AM-2PM, 5:30PM-10PM, Friday 11:30AM-2PM, 5:30PM-10:30PM, Saturday 5:30PM-10:30PM. Closed Monday. Most authentic and fresh sushi/Japanese cuisine in Austin. Everything is always extremely fresh and expertly prepared.
- Opal Divine's Austin Grill, 12709 N Mopac Expy.
- Rudy's Country Store & BBQ, 11570 Research Blvd.. Butcher shop style BBQ. Famous for their BBQ sauce and baby back ribs. Very busy for breakfast tacos (grab pre-made ones near the check-out counter, or get them made at the grill).
- Shandeez Grill (Persian cuisine, including chelo-kabob, joojeh-kabob and khorest gormeh sabzi.), 8863 Anderson Mill Road, Suite 109 (US 183 North to Anderson Mill, turn right, Restaurant on right side in strip shopping center), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Mo-Thursday 11AM-9PM, Friday-Saturday 11AM-10PM, Sunday closed. Entrees $7-$14.
- T & S Chinese Restaurant, 10014 N Lamar Blvd (a few blocks south of Braker Lane), ☎ . Traditional Cantonese fare - open late. Dim Sum on weekends.
- Truluck's Seafood-Steak-Crabhouse, 10225 Research Blvd, Suite 4000 at Great Hills Trail (US183 North, exit Great Hills Trail), ☎ . 5-10PM Monday-Saturday, Sunday 'till 9PM. Entrees $19-$46.
- Korea House, 2700 W Anderson Ln, ☎ . Located in the Village Shopping Center and can be a little hard to find; the entrance faces towards the inner courtyard area of the shopping center. They have a decent sushi offering but the Korean dishes are delicious and authentic. Sometimes they have OB beer - but not recently.
- Korea Garden, 6519 N Lamar Blvd, ☎ .
- Shilla, 6406 N I-35 (in Lincoln plaza off I-35 access road near US 290 and Highland Mall), ☎ . Standard Korean dishes and bbq. This place also has Hite beer and Jinro Soju. I'd say this place is more authentic than Korea house based on the number of Koreans that actually go here.
- Restaurant Together, 9200 N Lamar Blvd, ☎ . Korean bar food, large portions, many side dishes. Only five tables, one waitstaff.
- Sunflower. Although it's in a strip mall in North Austin, this restaurant is notable for its amazing vegetarian options. Service is kinda spotty, and the staff tends to use extremely aromatic cleaning products (read: "potpourri"-fragranced cleaning spray spritzed on tables between customers), but it's well worth the trip north. Absolutely delicious, especially for the price.
- Reale's, 13450 North US 183. Pizza and Italian Food. Northeasterners love Reale's, as it reminds them of family Italian restaurants from home. Good food.
- Fire Bowl Café, 9828 Great Hills Trail. Asian restaurant with a 'Stir Fry Your Way' section, allowing for many vegan choices. The menu also denotes, by using a green leaf, which meals are vegetarian if ordered with tofu. Priced under $10.
- Hula Hut, 3825 Lake Austin Blvd. On their unique Polynesian- and Mexican-inspired menu (aka "Mexonesian"), you'll find several vegetarian/vegan options.
- Madras Pavilion, 9025 Research Blvd. An all-vegetarian Indian restaurant offering a fabulous lunch buffet as well as a dinner menu.
- Satay, 3202 W Anderson Ln. This restaurant serves fine South-Asian cuisine and has an extensive vegetarian and vegan menu available. Be sure to try the vegan silken tofu chocolate pie! Live music is featured on Wednesday nights on the patio.
- The Steeping Room, 11410 Century Oaks Terrace. A café with a large selection of teas, chai lattes, and wines. Soy milk may be substituted for dairy. The menu changes each season and includes a variety of tea sandwiches, soups, and salads with vegetarian and vegan options.
- Tino's Greek Café, 10515 North Mopac. "Cafeteria-style" Greek food. Vegetarian options include tabouli, dolmathes, and vegetarian mousaka.
- Whole Foods Market Cafe, 9607 Research Blvd.
- Pacific Star Oyster Bar, 183 North, just past Anderson Mill. Best oysters and catfish in town. Parking is scarce, but well worth while.
- Torchy's Tacos. Monday-Thursday 7AM-10PM, Friday 7AM-11PM, Saturday 8AM-11PM, Sunday 8AM-10PM.
- 4211 Spicewood Springs Rd, ☎ .
- 11521 Ranch Road 620 N, ☎ .
- Amy's Ice Creams, 10000 Research Blvd (inside The Arboretum), ☎ . Sunday-Thursday 11:30AM-12AM, Friday-Saturday 11:30AM-1AM.
- Big Daddy's Burgers and Bar, 9070 Research Blvd, ☎ . Sunday-Thursday 11AM-12PM, Friday-Saturday 11AM-1:30AM.
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries, 10000 Research Blvd, ☎ . Daily 11AM-10PM.
- Mighty Fine Burgers, 10515 N Mopac Expy, ☎ . Sunday-Thursday 10:30AM-9PM, Friday-Saturday 10:30AM-10PM.
- Moonie's Burger House.
- 13450 Research Blvd, ☎ .
- 12001 Burnet Rd, ☎ .
- Red Robin Gourmet Hamburgers, 13315 N Highway 183, ☎ .
- TerraBurger, 10610 Research Blvd, ☎ .
- Top Notch Hamburgers, 7525 Burnet Rd, ☎ . Daily 11AM-10PM. As seen in the movie "Dazed and Confused." An Austin burger institution. Dine in, carry out, or order and eat from your car. Charcoal-grilled burgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, etc.
- Wally's Burger Express, 8107 Mesa Dr (in Northwest Hills), ☎ . Daily 10:30AM-10PM. Good fast food burgers and shakes.
- 8600 Burnet Rd, ☎ . Monday-Friday 7AM-10PM (breakfast until 11AM), Saturday 7AM-10PM (breakfast until 2PM), Sunday 8AM-9PM (breakfast until 2PM).
- 6203 N Capital of Texas Hwy, ☎ . Monday-Friday 7AM-11PM (breakfast until 11AM), Saturday 7AM-11PM (breakfast until 2PM), Sunday 8AM-10PM (breakfast until 2PM).
- 14900 Avery Ranch Blvd, ☎ . Monday-Thursday 7AM-9PM, Friday 7AM-10PM, Saturday 8AM-10PM, Sunday 8AM-9PM.
- BB Rovers Cafe and Pub (Known for its beer menu with over 300 selections, BB Rovers also has live music (call for dates)), 12101 Jollyville Rd. (US 183 North, exit Spicewood Springs, U-turn, right on Barrington and immediately left onto Jollyville), ☎ . Sunday-Friday 11AM-Midnight, Saturday 11AM-1AM.
- North by Northwest Restaurant and Brewery (Microbrewery, with live music (call for dates) and good food, in Arboretum area. NXNW also has a good wine and martini selection, with full bar.), 10010 Capital of TX Hwy N (US 183 or MoPac, exit Capital of Texas Highway, at Stonelake Blvd.), ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Bar Sunday-Thursday 11AM-11PM, Friday-Saturday 11AM-Midnight. Entrees $14-$22.
- Trudy's North Star, 8820 Burnet Rd (MoPac North, exit Steck Ave., turn right, the left on Burnet Rd.), ☎ . Monday-Friday 11AM-2AM, Saturday 9AM-2AM, Sunday 10AM-2AM. Popular food and drink establishment, especially for after work, with happy hour until 7PM. 20 beers are on tap. Kitchen may close earlier.
- Brickhouse Tavern + Tap, 11680 A Research Blvd. (US183 North, exit Duval, U-Turn, right after Chuy's), ☎ . Monday-Thursday 11AM-1AM, Friday-Saturday 'til 2AM, Sun 'til Midnight. Growing upscale tavern and restaurant chain, with sports showing on numerous TVs.
- Embassy Suites Austin-Arboretum, 9505 Stonelake Blvd, ☎ , e-mail: auses_GM@hilton.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, 12536 North IH35, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
- Lake Austin Spa & Resort, 1705 South Quinlan Park Rd, ☎ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: noon. Resort hotel with spa facilities.
- Renaissance Austin Hotel, 9721 Arboretum Blvd, ☎ , fax: . Marriott's Luxury Hotel at the Arboretum near US 183 and Texas 360. It features Hill Country views and a nine story atrium.
- Staybridge Suites Austin Northwest, 13087 US HWY 183 N, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin, 8901 Business Park Dr, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
- Studio 6 Austin Northwest, 11901 Pavilion Blvd, ☎ .
- Motel 6, 9420 I-35 North, ☎ . Check-in: 1PM, check-out: noon. Wifi available for a nominal fee.