You can reach Northwest Austin via I-35 North to US 183, or via MoPac Expressway North. Bus service is available from downtown and the North Transit Center. Light rail service, started in 2010, has stations at The Domain on MoPac, near MoPac and Howard Lane/McNeil Road, Lakeline Mall area and Leander.
- 1 Lake Travis (Northern side of Lake Travis is in the Northwest Austin area, at Volente and Lago Vista) (RM 2222 then north on RR 620, or US 183 north to Anderson Mill Road west (turns into Volente Road) or US 183 north to RM 1431 west).
- 1 Walnut Creek Municipal Park, 12138 N. Lamar Blvd. Walnut Creek Park features a large loop and a multitude of hilly, meandering trails popular with mountain bikers. A dirt BMX trail and loop is available. Stay on marked trails, some areas have experienced heavy erosion which has led to huge rock slides.
- 2 Austin FC, Q2 Stadium, 10414 McKalla Place. One of the newest teams in Major League Soccer, Austin FC began play in 2021 in the new Q2 Stadium. For ticket information, see the team website.
- Austin Steam Train (Hill Country Flyer, Bertram Flyer and Twilight Flyer offer steam train excursions from Cedar Park to Burnet and Bertram. They also have special murder mystery and storytelling trains.), Discovery Blvd., near Bell Blvd. and Whitestone Blvd., Cedar Park (I-35 or MoPac north to US 183, which turns into Bell Blvd. in Cedar Park), ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Balcones Country Club (Two private 18-hole golf courses, but with reciprocal privileges.), 8600 Balcones Club Dr (US 183 North, exit Anderson Mill, u-turn, turn right on second Balcones Club Drive), ☏ .
- 3 Bull Creek District Park (48 acre park on Bull Creek. Dog Lovers like to congregate and socialize here. Swimming, wading.), 6701 Lakewood Dr. (Take 2222 west to Lakewood (opposite County Line BBQ)).
- Bull Creek Greenbelt (477 acres along Bull Creek. Hiking, swimming, wading.), 7806 N. Capital of Texas Highway (Take 2222 east to Loop 360 North).
- 4 Dave & Buster's, 9333 Research Blvd, #A600, ☏ . Sunday-Thursday 11:30AM-Midnight, Friday-Saturday 'til 2AM. Games (arcade, billiards, shuffleboard), restaurant and bar.
- 5 Volente Beach Waterpark, 16107 FM 2769, ☏ , email@example.com. Small waterpark, restaurant and bar on the shores of Lake Travis
- 6 Main Event, 13301 N US Hwy 183 (US 183 North, exit Anderson Mill Rd., on north frontage road.), ☏ . Tuesday-Thursday + Sunday 11AM-Midnight, Friday-Saturday-Monday 11AM-2AM. Arcade, bowling, billiards, laser tag, glow golf, gravity ropes and rock climbing. Restaurant and bar.
- 7 Texas Stars, H-E-B Center, 2100 Avenue of the Stars, Cedar Park (US 183A North, exit FM 1431), ☏ . See website for game dates and times. American Hockey League team affiliated with the Dallas Stars
- Austin Spurs, H-E-B Center, 2100 Avenue of the Stars, Cedar Park (US 183A North, exit FM 1431), ☏ . See website for game dates and times. NBA G League team affiliated with the San Antonio Spurs
- 8 H-E-B Center (Cedar Park Center), 2100 Avenue of the Stars, Cedar Park (US 183A, Exit FM 1431), ☏ . Arena seating 6600-8200 for sporting, concerts, family shows and graduation ceremonies.
- 9 Alamo Drafthouse Theaters - Village, 2700 W. Anderson Ln Suite 701 (MoPac North, exit Spicewood Springs/Anderson and turn right), ☏ . One of five Alamo Drafthouse Theaters in Austin, with meals, drink and snacks served throughout each film. This one focuses on art and limited release films.
- 10 IPIC Theaters, 3225 Amy Donovan Plaza (MoPac north, exit Braker Lane east, then left onto Domain Drive), ☏ .
- 11 Regal Arbor 8 Cinema @ Great Hills, 9828 Great Hills Trail, Suite 800 (US183 North, exit Great Hills, turn left, turn right onto Jollyville, cinema is on your right), ☏ . 8 theaters with a focus on art/foreign/limited distribution films
- 12 iFLY Austin, 13265 N Hwy 183 Austin, Texas 78750. Indoor skydiving facility for all ages. Facilities for families and groups.
- 13 Mt. Bonnell, 3800 Mt. Bonnell Dr (west of Mopac on 2222, left on Mt. Bonnell Rd.). The third-highest point in Austin city limits at 780 feet. Several trails make for pleasant short hikes and points to experience incredible views of Town Lake and the city. The area has a history of romance and is sometimes called Antoinette's Leap, after a woman who supposedly leapt to her death to escape Indians who killed her lover.
- 14 Hippie Hollow, 700 Comanche Trail (West on FM 2222, left on FM 620, right on to Comanche Trail). The only legal nude beach in Texas, although "beach" is a bit of a stretch. On the north shore of Lake Travis, Hippie Hollow has a "steep, rocky, shoreline." It is also home to both the golden cheeked warbler and the black capped vireo, two bird species listed under the US Endangered Species Act.
- 15 Chinatown Center Austin Chinese New Year Festival, 10901 N. Lamar Blvd (Kramer and N. Lamar). January/February. Austin's Chinatown Center has set a Texas-sized standard for how Chinese New Year's Celebration should be done! All adults and children are invited to attend this free, two-day event with family-fun entertainment including the kids' area, dragon and lion dances, traditional Chinese dances, martial arts performances and more! Don't miss out on a celebration that embraces and educates on the wide range of Asian culture. All retail stores and restaurants in the center are open.
Northwest Austin shopping primarily runs along US 183 (Research Blvd.) and MoPac Expressway. Many affluent, albeit chain, shops and stores are located in this part of town.
- 1 Cedar Park Farms to Market, Lakeline Mall parking lot, near Dillard's (US183, exit RR620, turn left, right on Ridgeline), ☏ . Sa 9AM-1PM. Good Farmer's Market with produce, dairy, eggs, meat, bread, canned goods and other items. Live music.
- 2 The Arboretum (US 183 and Great Hills Trail). Open-air mall which includes Barnes & Noble Books, Pottery Barn, Chico's, Gap, Nine West, Express, Restoration Hardware, Salon 505 Day Spa, Amy's Ice Cream, The Cheesecake Factory and others.
- 3 The Domain and Domain Crossing (Braker and MoPac). The Domain is an upscale open-air mall and hosts Neiman Marcus, Tiffany's, Macy's, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, Emporio Armani, Tiffany & Co. Louis Vitton, Victoria's Secret and many others.
- 4 The Shops at Arbor Walk, 10515 N. MoPac Expressway (at Braker and MoPac), ☏ .
- 5 Lakeline Mall (US 183 and RR 620). This is a traditional indoor mall. The anchor stores are Dillard's, J.C. Penney, Sears and Macy's
- 6 Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, 10515 N. Mopac Expressway, Bldg. L, ☏ . Vitamins, health supplements, and natural groceries with an amazing amount of items in such a small space.
- 7 Sprouts Farmers Market, 10225 Research Blvd (Great Hills Station Shopping Center), ☏ . Sprouts is a chain featuring fresh produce, meat and deli counter, vitamins, bulk foods, health foods and gourmet items.
- 8 Terratoys, 2438 W. Anderson Ln, ☏ . Wide variety of toys and excellent selection of children's books.
- 9 MT Supermarket, 10901 N Lamar Blvd G (North Lamar Blvd. and Braker Lane), ☏ . 68,000 square foot Vietnamese and Chinese grocery supermarket, part of the 180,000 square foot Chinatown Center.
- 10 Hong Kong Supermarket, 8557 Research Blvd, ☏ . Chinese groceries.
- 11 H Mart, 11301 Lakeline Boulevard, ☏ . 8AM-10PM. Large Asian supermarket with a wide selection of Korean, Japanese, and Chinese products, plus a food court with mostly Korean fare.
- 1 Asia Cafe, 8650 Spicewood Springs Rd 114 A. 11:00-21:00. One of the best Chinese food places in Austin. It's family style (huge portions) and offers some very exotic dishes. But its claim to fame is the "spicy fish fillet". It's amazing. There are a few other must-try items, such as eggplant with ground pork and twice cooked pork (bacon) with garlic sprouts.
- 2 Pluckers Wing Bar, Rio Grande, South Lamar, Research Blvd, Lakeline Mall, Round Rock. A local wing joint/sports bar. Reasonably priced, delicious wings and other menu items (including tasty salads). Try the fried macaroni and cheese. They have tons of TVs; it's a great place to watch a ball game.
- 3 Chinatown, 3407 Greystone Dr, ☏ . Authentic Chinese flavor with a modern twist. Not really fusion, not really traditional either, but very delicious. The restaurant is located upstairs in a two-story building; the bottom floor houses the Japanese restaurant Musashino
- 4 Din Ho Chinese Bar-B-Q, 8557 Research Blvd, ☏ . Open till 1AM most nights.. Lunch and dinner. Some of the most authentic Chinese fare in town, specializing in Cantonese and seafood dishes. Chinese BBQ pork and whole roast duck are available for take-out as well. Don't bring Caucasian friends who are squeamish about real Chinese food - take them to Chinatown instead.
- 5 Enchiladas Y Mas, 1911 W Anderson Ln (just east of Burnet Road), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Tuesday-Saturday 7AM-9PM, Sunday 7AM-2PM. As the name implies this restaurant has enchiladas, and they are some of the best north of San Antonio. "y Mas", as it is called by locals, has a broad selection of Tex-Mex fare including flautas, soft and crispy tacos, migas, burritos, and fajitas. This is a must try on the Tex-Mex trail in Austin. They are closed on Mondays and the lunch crowd starts early, so be prepared for a short wait between 11AM and 1PM. y Mas has the best motto in town, "Never trust a skinny cook!". Dinners $6-10.
- 6 Freda's Seafood Grille, 10903 Pecan Park Blvd (US183 North, exit Lake Creek Pkwy, left on Pecan Park, on your left before RR620), ☏ . Monday-Thursday 11AM-10PM, Friday-Saturday 'til 11PM, Sunday 10AM-9PM. Entrees $12-$26, plus sandwiches and lunch specials.
- 7 Donn's Texas BBQ, 7001 Oak Meadow Dr, ☏ . Authentic Texas Barbecue restaurant offering full bar. Ribs&Chips is worth to try. Prices from $10.
- 8 Jardin Corona, 13233 N US 183 Suite E, ☏ , fax: . A favorite of those living in Northwest Austin (Jollyville area).
- 9 Kerbey Lane Cafe, 13435 N Hwy 183, ☏ . 24 hours.
- 10 Kobe Japanese Steakhouse, 13492 N US Highway 183, #380 (US 183 to Anderson Mill Road, NW corner), ☏ , fax: , info@KobeAustin.com. Sunday-Thursday 11AM-10PM, Friday-Saturday 11AM-11PM. Steak, including Kobe beef, chicken, seafood and vegetables grilled at the table by entertaining chefs. Entrees $14-$35.
- 11 Manuel's, 10201 Jollyville Rd (US 183, exit Capital of Texas Hwy, turn left on Great Hills Pkwy, right on Jollyville Rd.), ☏ . Call for hours. "Award Winning Mexican Cooking" Entrees $10-$24.
- 12 Musashino Sushi Dokoro, 2905 San Gabriel St, ☏ . Tu-Th 5:30PM-9:30PM, Fr-Sa 5:30PM-10PM. Most authentic and fresh sushi/Japanese cuisine in Austin. Everything is always extremely fresh and expertly prepared.
- 13 Rudy's Country Store & BBQ, 11570 Research Blvd., ☏ . Butcher shop style BBQ. Famous for their BBQ sauce and baby back ribs. Very busy for breakfast tacos (grab pre-made ones near the check-out counter, or get them made at the grill).
- 14 Shandeez Grill (Persian cuisine, including chelo-kabob, joojeh-kabob and khorest gormeh sabzi.), 8863 Anderson Mill Road, Suite 109 (US 183 North to Anderson Mill, turn right, Restaurant on right side in strip shopping center), ☏ , email@example.com. Mo-Thursday 11AM-9PM, Friday-Saturday 11AM-10PM, Sunday closed. Entrees $7-$14.
- 15 Truluck's Seafood-Steak-Crabhouse, 10225 Research Blvd, Suite 4000 at Great Hills Trail (US183 North, exit Great Hills Trail), ☏ . 5-10PM Monday-Saturday, Sunday 'till 9PM. Entrees $19-$46.
- 16 Korea House, 2700 W Anderson Ln, ☏ . Located in the Village Shopping Center, it can be a little hard to find; the entrance faces towards the inner courtyard area of the shopping center. They have a decent sushi offering but the Korean dishes are delicious and authentic.
- 17 Restaurant Together, 9200 N Lamar Blvd, ☏ . Korean bar food, large portions, many side dishes. Only five tables, one waitstaff.
- 18 Sunflower, 8557 Research Boulevard, ☏ . Although it's in a strip mall in North Austin, this restaurant is notable for its amazing vegetarian options. Service is kinda spotty, and the staff tends to use extremely aromatic cleaning products (read: "potpourri"-fragranced cleaning spray spritzed on tables between customers), but it's well worth the trip north. Absolutely delicious, especially for the price.
- 19 Reale's, 13450 Research Blvd, ☏ . Pizza and Italian food. Northeasterners love Reale's, as it reminds them of family Italian restaurants from home. Good food.
- 20 Fire Bowl Café, 9828 Great Hills Trail. Asian restaurant with a 'Stir Fry Your Way' section, allowing for many vegan choices. The menu also denotes, by using a green leaf, which meals are vegetarian if ordered with tofu. Priced under $10.
- 21 Hula Hut, 3825 Lake Austin Blvd. On their unique Polynesian- and Mexican-inspired menu (aka "Mexonesian"), you'll find several vegetarian/vegan options.
- 22 Zaika Indian Cuisine, 9025 Research Blvd, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. An all-vegetarian Indian restaurant offering a fabulous lunch buffet as well as a dinner menu.
- 23 Tino's Greek Café, 10515 Mopac Expressway, ☏ . "Cafeteria-style" Greek food. Vegetarian options include tabouli, dolmathes, and vegetarian mousaka.
- 24 Whole Foods Market Cafe, 9607 Research Blvd.
- 25 Pacific Star Oyster Bar, 183 North, just past Anderson Mill. Best oysters and catfish in town. Parking is scarce, but well worth while.
- Torchy's Tacos. Monday-Thursday 7AM-10PM, Friday 7AM-11PM, Saturday 8AM-11PM, Sunday 8AM-10PM.
- 28 Amy's Ice Creams, 10000 Research Blvd, Ste. 140 (inside The Arboretum), ☏ . Daily 11:30AM-Midnight.
- Waterloo Ice House. Austin classic. Delish burgers, some of the best onion rings in town. Don't miss the Cinnamon Chocolate Shake!
- 29 8600 Burnet Rd, ☏ . Monday-Friday 7AM-10PM (breakfast until 11AM), Saturday 7AM-10PM (breakfast until 2PM), Sunday 8AM-9PM (breakfast until 2PM).
- 30 6203 N Capital of Texas Hwy, ☏ . Monday-Friday 7AM-11PM (breakfast until 11AM), Saturday 7AM-11PM (breakfast until 2PM), Sunday 8AM-10PM (breakfast until 2PM).
- 31 Hopdoddy Burger Bar, 2438A West Anderson Lane, ☏ . Absolutely amazing burgers, an excellent bar, and great milkshakes (be sure to try the Caramel & Sea Salt)! Be prepared for a wait.
- 32 Five Guys Burgers and Fries, 10000 Research Blvd, ☏ . Daily 11AM-10PM.
- 33 Mighty Fine Burgers, 10515 N Mopac Expressway, ☏ . Sunday-Thursday 10:30AM-9PM, Friday-Saturday 10:30AM-10PM.
- Moonie's Burger House.
- 36 Wally's Burger Express, 8107 Mesa Dr (in Northwest Hills), ☏ . Daily 10:30AM-10PM. Good fast food burgers and shakes.
- 37 Trudy's North Star, 8820 Burnet Rd, ☏ . Regarded by some as the favorite for Tex-Mex food in town, but this also means they are generally incredibly crowded and loud. Excellent margaritas with specials each night of the week. They're known more for their Mexican martinis than for their food.
- 1 BB Rovers Cafe and Pub (Known for its beer menu with over 300 selections, BB Rovers also has live music (call for dates)), 12101 Jollyville Rd. (US 183 North, exit Spicewood Springs, U-turn, right on Barrington and immediately left onto Jollyville), ☏ . Sunday-Friday 11AM-midnight, Saturday 11AM-1AM.
- 2 Trudy's North Star, 8820 Burnet Rd (MoPac North, exit Steck Ave., turn right, the left on Burnet Rd.), ☏ . Monday-Friday 11AM-2AM, Saturday 9AM-2AM, Sunday 10AM-2AM. Popular food and drink establishment, especially for after work, with happy hour until 7PM. 20 beers are on tap. Kitchen may close earlier.
- 3 Mozart's Coffee Roasters, 3826 Lake Austin Blvd, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. M-Th 7AM-midnight, F 7AM-1AM, Sa 8AM-1AM, Su 8AM-midnight.
- 4 Maudie's, 2608 West 7th St, ☏ . Austin as Austin can get. A staple Tex-Mex favorite with five locations around town. Great salsa and better margarita's. If you crave cheese enchiladas get the Hernandez Enchiladas.
- 1 Embassy Suites Austin-Arboretum, 9505 Stonelake Blvd, ☏ , auses_GM@hilton.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 2 Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, 12536 North IH35, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
- 3 Lake Austin Spa & Resort, 1705 South Quinlan Park Rd, ☏ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: noon. Resort hotel with spa facilities.
- 4 Staybridge Suites Austin Northwest, 13087 US HWY 183 N, ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
- 5 DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin, 8901 Business Park Dr, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
- 6 Studio 6 Austin Northwest, 11901 Pavilion Blvd, ☏ .
- 7 Motel 6, 9420 I-35 North, ☏ . Check-in: 1PM, check-out: noon. Wifi available for a nominal fee.
- 9 Hyatt Place Austin Arboretum, 3612 Tudor Blvd, ☏ . Spacious rooms with in-room microwave, refrigerator, separate workspace and free high speed WiFi Internet access. Plus, free hot breakfast, fitness center and pool.
- 10 Hyatt Summerfield Suites Austin Arboretum, 10001 N. Capital of Texas Highway, ☏ .
- 11 Staybridge Suites Arboretum, 10201 Stonelake Blvd, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. A very clean and comfortable hotel with an urban feel. The lobby is full of local artwork and their spacious suites are great for weekend getaways, business travel and weddings.
- 12 Lake Austin Spa Resort, 1705 South Quinlan Park Rd, ☏ . The resort is one of Austin's finest, featuring extensive spa facilities & luxury accommodations. It combines the amenities of a destination spa & lake resort.
- 13 Renaissance Austin Hotel, 9721 Arboretum Blvd, ☏ , fax: . Marriott's Luxury Hotel at the Arboretum near US 183 and Texas 360. It features Hill Country views and a nine story atrium.