Båtsfjord is a fishing village in northeastern Norway, fairly isolated and somewhat outside the usual tourist routes. The municipality has 2,200 inhabitants.
The road 891 is the only road leading to Båtsfjord or away. The distance is 107 km from the main road E6. There is a petrol station in Båtsfjord.
Snelandia [formerly dead link] is the brand name for the bus routes in Finnmark.
Hurtigruten passenger ships calls here daily in both directions. There is a guest port near the town centre for people with their own boat.
Rental cars (phone +47 78 98 39 92) and taxis (+47 78 98 34 80) are available.
The distances in the town centre are short, so walking works fine. The distance from the Hurtigruten quai to the midpoint is 500 m. The town is spread out along the coast, and some parts are more than 2 km from the centre.
The municipality has these accomodations:
- 1 Polar Hotell, Valen 2, ☏ .
- 2 Båtsfjord Brygge, Strandveien 14-16, ☏ .
- 3 Hytte i fjorden, Fiskeværsveien 2, ☏ .
- 4 Njord Hotel, Skolegata 6, ☏ .
- Arctic Cabin (in Syltefjord, 35 km away), ☏ .
- There is no camping in Båtsfjord; the nearest is in Berlevåg
|Routes through Båtsfjord|
|Tana Bru ←||S N||→ end point|