Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2 Badulla Bus Station (on the King st., near to the Post Office.). To Nuwara Eliya half hourly, until 4.30PM To Colombo between 7.30AM and 11PM, about seven hours, a dozen
- 1 Muthiyangana Raja Maha Vihara. Buddhist temple right in downtown
- 2 Dhowa Temple.
- 3 Bogoda ancient wooden bridge.
- Ancient Rawana Buddhist temple.
- 4 Dunhinda Waterfall (Bridal Falls, දුන්හිඳ ඇල්ල) (5 km North). Height: 63 metres. Take bus No.314 (half hourly). Small entry fee.
- 5 St. Mark's church, Mahiyangana Rd.
- 6 St Maries Church.
You will find just a few local restaurants.
- Badulla New Tourist Inn, 122, Dunhinda Falls Road Badulla, ☏ . Rooms: 30.
- 1 Dunhinda Falls Inn, 35/11 1/1, Bandaranaike Mw, ☏ . Rooms: 20.
- 2 Eagle's Nest, 159, Lower Street (downtown), ☏ . Cheapest hotel in town. 13 clean rooms in a courtyard with a noisy, late-bar on the ground floor.
- 3 Kavisha rest, d17 central supermarket, south lane (downtown centre). The cheapest room in town center if you don't have high standards, located direct next to the bus station. Double room with fan and attached bathroom. 700~1000.
- 4 River Side Holiday Inn, 27, Lower King Street, ☏ . Rooms: 6
- Ella by train to see the great nature and 360 deg. circle in Demodara along the way
- 3 Bambarakanda Falls (බඹරකන්ද ඇල්ල) (From Colombo Hwy 1.5 km North. At Weli Oya Bridge). Height: 241 metres. Part of Horton Plains National Park.
- Tangalle, Matara, Galle with the bus at 6:30 am from the bus terminal.