Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Badulla Railway station (in southern part of the town), ☏ . 4 trains per day to/from Colombo- 3 express day trains (9½ hours) and 1 night mail train (11 hours). LKR 520 / 325 (2nd / 3rd class).
- 2 Badulla Bus Station (on the King st., near to the Post Office). To Nuwara Eliya half hourly, until 4:30PM to Colombo between 7:30AM and 11PM, about seven hours, a dozen
- 1 Muthiyangana Raja Maha Vihara. Buddhist temple in downtown.
- 2 Bogoda ancient wooden bridge.
- 3 Dunhinda Waterfall (Bridal Falls, දුන්හිඳ ඇල්ල) (5 km north). Height: 63 metres. Take bus No.314 (half hourly). Small entry fee.
- 4 St. Mark's church, Mahiyangana Rd. Anglican church.
- 5 St Mary's Church. Roman Catholic church.
You will find just a few local restaurants.
- 1 Dunhinda Falls Inn, 35/11 1/1, Bandaranaike Mw, ☏ . Wifi and restaurant with fries and toilets with plumbing. Rs 2978.
- 2 River Side Holiday Inn, 27, Lower King Street, ☏ . Rooms: 6
- 3 Mount View Hotel, London Road, ☏ . Wifi, a/c, restaurant, terrace. Rs 5025.
- 4 The Heritage Resort, 205 Keppetipola Rd, ☏ . Rooms with bay windows, wifi, flat screen TVs (for all that TV-watching you plan to do), restaurant/pastry shop on premises. Rs 7445.
- 5 Sithara Estate Bungalow, Beragala-Hali Ela Highway (southwest of Badulla in Hali Ela), ☏ . Tea plantation bungalow, with a friendly dog on premises. Kind of spendy though. can be >Rs 18612.
- Ella by train to see the great nature and 360 deg. circle in Demodara along the way
- 3 Bambarakanda Falls (බඹරකන්ද ඇල්ල) (From Colombo Hwy 1.5 km north. At Weli Oya Bridge). Height: 241 metres. Part of Horton Plains National Park.
- Tangalle, Matara, Galle with the bus at 6:30AM from the bus terminal.