Ballyshannon is a town in southern County Donegal and birthplace of world renowned blues' guitarist, Rory Gallagher. It is situated on Ireland's second longest river, Erne. It attracts many tourists because of its location close to Bundoran.
The town has recently been provided with a bypass road to take traffic congestion from its centre. It is on the main Sligo to Donegal Town road (N15), with another road, the N3 to Enniskillen, in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland.
- Cathleen's Falls.
- Assaroe Falls.
- The Ballyshannon sheep worriers.
- Ballyshannon Folk and Traditional Music Festival.
- Rory Gallagher Festival.
- Ballyshannon Bull Milking Competition. Sponsored by the National Cattle Breeding Centre.
- 1 Maggies Bar, Assaroe Rd, ☎ .
- 1 Assaroe Falls, The Mall, ☎ . Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 10:00. With breath taking views of the River Erne and Donegal Bay, the apartments are exquisitely designed, are decorated and furnished to an extremely high standard. from €79.
- Dorrian's Imperial Hotel (Dorrian's Hotel), Main St, ☎ .