Balurghat is in North Bengal.
Balurghat is headquarters of Dakshin Dinajpur district in West Bengal.
There are two daily links with Kolkata - Sealdah-Balurghat Gour Express and Kolkata-Balurghat Tebhaga Express, two passenger links with Malda and an express link with New Jalpaiguri.
- 1 Balurghat railway station.
- 1 Balurghat College Museum. Many antique collections including coins, inscriptions, sculptures, terracotta, ornamental stones, etc. of ancient ages are preserved here.
- 2 Bolla Kali Temple (About 20 km from Balurghat town on the Balurghat- Malda Highway,). Kali Puja is being observed here on every Friday following the Rash Purnima. A fair is organised for three days.
- 3 Devkot (Locally known as Bangarh) (Near Gangarampur). Bangarh is considered to be a historically important place for its ruins, from where a large number of inscriptions dating from the age of Ashoka to the middle ages, have been discovered,
- Hotel Nibedita, Market Road, ☎ .
- Irrigation Bungalow, Beside Children's Park, near Circuit House, ☎ . Outsiders ₹165 per room per day.
- 1 Monalisa Lodge, Mahavidyalaya Road, North Chakvabani (Near Balurghat Co-ed college), ☎ .
- PWD Bungalow, Near Disrict Collectorate, ☎ . Outsiders ₹180 per day.
- PWD (Roads) Bungalow, Near District Collectorate, on the bank of the River Atreyi, ☎ . Private/ Outsiders ₹80 per day.