Jump to navigation Jump to search
Banda Neira is an island in the Banda Islands.
- 1 Bandanaira Airport (NDA IATA). Susi Air is operating the flights under a subsidy, making this slightly cheaper than a speed boat. This is not a fixed route (only operating around Sep - Nov), therefore the route cannot be found on the airline's website and tickets must be bought at Ambon Airport. Booking is available through email@example.com. Ticket price is Rp 350,000 per person (as of Oct 2018). It is a very small plane (12 people capacity), and you can only bring 10 kg of luggage. The airplane returns to Ambon on the same day.
- Belgica Fort (Benteng Belgica), Neira Island. Fort Belgica was built by the Dutch in 1611 and has been fully restored. From here you have a beautiful view of the bay and the volcano at Pulau Gunung Api. At the foot are the ruins of the older Dutch Fort Nassau (not renovated) which can be visited for free. By donation.
- Istana Mini (Mini Palace), Neira Island. Two buildings: the administrative office and residence of the Deputy Governor of the Dutch East Indies. voluntary donation.
- Bintang Laut Guesthouse, Banda Neira (Same row with Vita Guesthouse and Matahari Guesthouse). Really spacious and clean rooms. If you're lucky, you might get Room 1, that has a view of the volcano, air-conditioning and a double bed. Rp 300,000.
- Vita Guesthouse, Banda Neira (by the harbour), ☏ . This guesthouse is located at the waterside facing Gunung Api. Rooms tend to be a little be time-worn, but the courtyard and the jetty is a wonderful hangout place and Alan, the manager of this homestay, can provide useful information about the Bandas and activities in English. Snorkeling gear rental and boat charter easily available from the private jetty. The dinner (Rp 50,000 per person) is very tasty. Fan double room Rp 175,000 (Feb 2016), AC double room Rp 200,000 including breakfast.
- Matahari Guesthouse, ☏ . Six rooms available (three with air conditioning), all with private bathroom. Good Wi-Fi. Rp. 250,000 and up.
- Cilu Bintang Estate, Jl. Benteng Belgica, RT. 02, Banda Neira (near the post office), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The most luxurious option on the island.
- Mutiara Guesthouse, Banda Neira, ☏ . Mutiara Guesthouse is run by the same owner of Cilu Bintang Estate. Rp 300,000 and up.
- Delfika Guesthouse, Banda Neira. Another well-known guesthouse, in the village. They also have new building on the sea side, near Vita.
- Mawar Guesthouse, Banda Neira (In Bandaneira, next to the house of the VOC Governor General), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Abdulah, the manager of this homestay, can provide useful information about the Bandas and activities in English language. The dinner (Rp 50,000 per person) is very tasty. Fan room double Rp 175,000 (Feb 2016), AC room double Rp 200,000 including breakfast.
There are several other small homestays on Banda Neira island (though English will probably be a challenge).