From the south - Follow M90 to Perth, then take the A90 Dundee road and follow this up to Aberdeen.
For coastal route - as soon as you reach Aberdeen, follow road signs for A90 for around 18 miles, then turn off on the A952 to Fraserburgh. Then at Fraserburgh, follow signs for A98 to Banff.
For country route - follow roadsigns for A947 Banff/Macduff.
From west/north - from Inverness, follow the A96 Aberdeen road until a mini-roundabout near the end of Fochabers, when you turn off on the A98 Fraserburgh road. Follow this road to Banff.
Banff and MacDuff are served by Stagecoach on the 35 route from Aberdeen, which on some journeys continues to Portsoy and Elgin. The journey takes about 2 hours and there are generally one or two buses per hour.
- 1 Duff House. Ap - Oct: daily 11am to 5pm; Nov - Mar: Thu - Sun 11am to 4pm. A magnificent house designed by William Adam in 1735, and now housing an exhibition by the National Galleries of Scotland. £7.10.
- 2 Macduff Marine Aquarium, 11 High Shore, Macduff AB44 1SL. Apr - October: Mon - Fri 10am – 5pm, Sat- Sun 11am – 5pm; Nov - Mar Sat - Wed 11am – 4pm. £6.65.
- 3 Museum of Banff. Museum founded in 1828, housed in the libary which was built in 1902. Exhibits include the burgh cross dating from the 1400s and a claymore (sword) from the early 1300s.
- 1 Banff Castle. A mansion house designed by architect John Adam, built in 1750, now used as a community arts venue.
The Farmers Market is held last Saturday of the month 09:00-12:30 in the Fishmarket, Macduff.
- 1 Co-op Supermarket, Bridge Rd. daily 7am to 10pm. Also Scotmid Co-op at 153 Duff Street, Macduff.
- 2 Tesco Metro, Carmelite St, AB45 1AF. M-F 7am - 10pm, Sat 7am - 8pm, Sun 9am - 6pm. small supermarket
- 1 Banff Springs Hotel, Golden Knowes Road, Banff, AB45 2JE. Restaurant has mains around £20. from £66.