Methlick (Gaelic: Maothulach) is a village in the Formartine area of Aberdeenshire, North East Scotland, situated on the River Ythan 20 miles (33 km) north of Aberdeen. Its main attraction is Haddo House.
The village is at the junction of B9005 from Ellon to Fyvie and B9170 from Inverurie to New Deer.
Stagecoach North Scotland Bus 290 / 291 runs from Aberdeen Union Square via Udny to Methlick, M-Sat every couple of hours, four buses Sunday, 75 mins. A few of these continue, as Bus 292 to Ellon or as Bus 293 to Fyvie.
You need a car or bike.
- 1 Haddo House (Two miles south-east of Methlick.). Mid-Apr Mid-Oct Fri-Mon, Jul & Aug daily. a stately home and arts venue with theatre and concert hall. £10.50.
- 2 [dead link] Gight Castle (lies 4.3 km (2.7 mi) to the west.). Ancestral home of Lord Byron.
- 3 Tolquhon Castle, Tarves, AB41 7LP, ☏ . Apr - Sep: daily 9.30am to 5.30pm. Ruins of a castle built between 1584 and 1589. £4.50.
- 1 Tolquhon Gallery. Mar - Dec Fri-Tue 11am - 5pm (opens 2pm on Sun). Commercial art gallery
- West to Huntly
- North to Banff, Portsoy, Gardenstown and Fraserburgh
- East to Peterhead
- South to Aberdeen, Banchory and Westhill