Methlick (Gaelic: Maothulach) is a village in the Formartine area of Aberdeenshire, Scotland, situated on the River Ythan 11.2 km (7.0 mi) north-west of Ellon.
The village is situated at the intersection of the B9005 road from Ellon to Fyvie and the B9170 road from Inverurie to New Deer, both routes crossing the River Ythan at Methlick Bridge.
Methlick is served by regular bus services to Aberdeen and less frequent services linking to Ellon, Fyvie and Inverurie.
- 1 Haddo House (lies 2.7 km (1.7 mi) to the south-east of Methlick.). Mid-Apr Mid-Oct Fri-Mon, Jul & Aug daily. a stately home and arts venue with theatre and concert hall £10.50.
- 3 Tolquhon Castle, Tarves, AB41 7LP, ☎ . Apr - Sep: daily 9.30am to 5.30pm. Ruins of a castle built between 1584 and 1589. £4.50.
- 1 Tolquhon Gallery. Mar - Dec Fri-Tue 11am - 5pm (opens 2pm on Sun). Commercial art gallery
- West to Huntly
- North to Banff, Portsoy, Gardenstown and Fraserburgh
- East to Peterhead
- South to Aberdeen, Banchory and Westhill