Jump to navigation Jump to search
Peterhead is in North East Scotland.
- 1 Arbuthnot Museum, St. Peter Street, AB42 1QD. Mon,Tues,Thur,Fri,Sat 10.00am- 12.30pm & 1.30pm - 4.00pm (3.30pm on Sat).. stuffed Polar bears, whaling exhibits and loads of information on local Inverugie Castle free.
- 2 Bullers of Buchan (Sea cliffs and caves) (about 6 miles south of Peterhead). A collapsed sea cave and an adjacent village
- 3 Peterhead Lido Beach. 300m sheltered sandy beach inside the marina breakwater. Although suitable for swimming this is not a swimming pool, as the name Lido may suggest.
- 4 Peterhead Prison Museum, Admiralty Gateway, South Road, AB42 2ZX, ☏ . Summer daily 10AM - 6PM, Winter daily 10AM - 4PM. Peterhead prison housed offenders from 1888 to 2013. It closed and was replaced by the nearby HMP Grampian, and part of the site converted into a museum. There is also a Lifeboat Museum housing the Watson-class lifeboat which served Peterhead from 1939 to 1969. £10, lifeboat alone £5.
- 1 Peterhead Golf Club, Riverside Dr., AB42 1LT, ☏ .
- Watch football (ie soccer). Peterhead FC play in Scottish League One, the third tier of football in Scotland. Their home ground is at Balmoor Terrace, capacity 3000, at the west edge of town centre.
Local Fish and Chips are as good as you will get!
- Waterside Hotel, Fraserburgh Road, AB42 3BN. Purpose built hotel with 105 bedrooms, leisure club, spa, swimming pool and award winning restaurant.
|Routes through Peterhead|
|Fraserburgh ←||N S||→ Aberdeen|