Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 3:28PM local time and lasts 30 sec - you can extend the duration by heading north. The chances of a clear sky are 20%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Ohio and the Canada–New England border, then across New Brunswick and Newfoundland.
- 1 Hope Cemetery, follow hwy 14 north - 175 Maple Ave, ☏ . Daily, dawn-dusk. Has tombstones of granite that are works of art and in some cases unique. Examples are a race car, soccer ball, a cube balanced on one corner, a biplane and a husband and wife that are side by side in bed overlooking their tombs. Free.
- Rock of Ages Granite Quarry, 773 Graniteville Rd, ☏ , fax: . Visitors center is open May to mid-September, M-Sa 8:30AM-5PM, Su 10AM-5PM. Closed July 4. Mid-September through mid-October, M-Su 8:30AM-5PM. An active granite quarry over 600 feet (182 m) deep. Free, tours additional.
- 2 Vermont History Center, 60 Washington St., ☏ . M-F 8AM-4PM.
- 3 Vermont Granite Museum.
- 4 Socialist Labor Party Hall National Historic Landmark (The Old Labor Hall), 46 Granite St, ☏ (can also text), email@example.com.
- The Hollow Inn and Motel, 278 S Main St., ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Hilltop Inn, 3472 Airport Rd, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Aldrich Public Library.
|Routes through Barre|
|Ends at ← Montpelier ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Littleton|