North America > United States of America > New England > Maine > Mid Coast (Maine) > Sagadahoc County > Bath (Maine)
Bath is a city in Maine on the Kennebec River. It has always been a center for shipbuilding and still builds ships at Bath Iron Works.
- Maine Maritime Museum and Shipyard, 243 Washington St, ☎ . Daily 10AM-5PM. Gallery exhibits, historic shipyard site, adult and childrens' educational programs, special events and narrated excursions along the rivers and coast.
- The Chocolate Church Arts Center, 804 Washington St, ☎ . Wonderful 1846 Gothic style church is home for offerings of art exhibits, dramatic and musical productions, youth theatre, comedy, jazz, classical and folk artists and more.
- Studio Theatre of Bath, 880 Washington St (Winter Street Church), ☎ .
- Wayne Robbins Woodcarving, ☎ . Visit the studio of Wayne Robbins, woodcarver of marine mammals and sea birds. Call for appointment.
- , ☎ . Sailing charters.
- Hardy Boat Cruises, ☎ . Sailing charters.
- Bath Country Club Golf Course, 387 Whiskeag Rd, ☎ . 18 holes, 6,298 yards, rating: 68.1, slope 126. Carts, clubhouse, range, pro shop, bar grill.
- Kennebec Tavern & Marina, 119 Commercial St., ☎ . Waterfront, outside dining, fresh Maine seafood. Perfect lobster roll platter.
- Starlight Cafe, 15 Lambard St, ☎ . 7AM-2PM.
Bed and Breakfasts
- The Inn at Bath, 969 Washington St, ☎ , toll-free: . 8 guest rooms, all with private bath, walk to shops, restaurants and the river, 20 minutes to beaches.
Hotels and motels
- Residence Inn, 139 Richardson St, ☎ .
- Meadowbrook Camping Area, West Bath, ☎ , toll-free: . General store, swimming pool, mini-golf, recreation hall, laundromat, playground, fireplaces, picnic tables, mile long nature trail and wildlife refuge.
- Hermit Island Campground, 6 Hermit Island Rd, ☎ . Located only a few minutes from downtown Bath, Hermit Island is a beautiful place to camp.
|Routes through Bath|
|Ellsworth ← Wiscasset ←||N S||→ Brunswick → Portland|