Jump to navigation Jump to search
Buses from and to Riga leave every hour between 06:00 and 23:00. Travel time is about 1 hour 30 minutes. Price €3.
- 1 Bauska Castle, Pilskalna iela 40.
- 2 Bauska Motor Museum, Sarkanmuiža 6, ☏ . Branch of the Riga Motor Museum.
- 3 Bauskas vecpilsēta (Bauska Old Town), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 1 Bauskas alus darītava (Bauska Brewery), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Visits for groups by prior arrangement only.
- Bauska Cheese Shop, Camembertielas (near the city centre). 09:30-19:30. Latvia's most famous cheese shop, famous for selling up to seventy thousand different kinds of Latvian cheese, although admittedly the majority of those are just traditional Latvian cheese made with a slight variation to the breed of cow, flavouring of the milk, etc. Many Bauskan merchandise is based on the famous cheese shop, including a cartoon character, Mr. Cheese (Mr Sieru in Latvia), who can be seen on posters throughout the city. Nice spot for enjoying whatever type of cheese you seem to be interested in. Due to hygiene issues, the 'make your own cheese' option has been closed.
There is one hotel and three benches.