Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Rundāle Palace (Pilsrundāle). Daily: palace 10:00-18:00, park 10:00-19:00. A baroque palace built for the Dukes of Courland. Has a museum. Park €4, palace short route €4 (€7.50 combined), palace long route €6 (€9 combined).
- 2 Tērvete Nature Park, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 09:00-19:00. A beautiful part in the valley of Tērvete river with beautiful landscapes. The unique pine forest whose majestic trees are almost 300 years old, and groups of tourists will be introduced to the kingdom of legends and fairy tales. There are lots of wooden statues of dwarfs, kings, devils, mushrooms, etc. as well as dwarf houses and work buildings. Very nice place to go with kids - besides the statues, wooden paths and all the magic spirit, there is also an adventure park and cafe/bar. On second weekend of August Semigalians Festival and Craftsmen Fair is held, where people celebrate the region's heritage: people are dressed as old Semigalians, show craftsmanship and have historical cold weapon fights. About €3. Unlimited parking costs €10, but there is also a nice big free carpark nearby.
- 1 Liepsalas, European route E22 between Stukmaņi and Lokstiņas (directly at the roadside, with parking lot), ☏ . Every day: 08:00-22:00. Latvian cuisine. Great view of the Daugava River.
- Riga region – Starting or finishing point for most people coming to Latvia, and also home to numerous sights worth visiting, like Riga and its old city, the holiday and sea resort town of Jūrmala, Sigulda and its castles, as well as The Great Ķemeri Moorland.
- Vidzeme – The most touristy region in Latvia with the Gauja National Park and its river valley, many medieval castles, estates and churches, and numerous interesting cities, towns and villages.
- Kurzeme – The region provides direct access to the Baltic sea with wild coast, beautiful lighthouses and sea resort towns. Preserved traditions and culture allowing visitors to visit various places such as old fishermen's villages of the Livonian time.
- Latgale – A less touristy and more Russian influenced region, but with the amazing Basilica of the Assumption near Daugavpils.