Bayawan is on the southwest coast of Negros Oriental. It is a moderately large town, 118,000 in the 2015 census, and has good beaches but tourism is not highly developed.
The main attraction of the area is about 8 km (5 miles) of beach.
By road, one can reach Bayawan by heading south from either major city on the island, Dumaguete or Bacolod, and following the coastal highway. An alternate route from Dumaguete goes north to Tanjay then across the island via Pamplona to Santa Catalina; this has less traffic and a better road.
- Prince Supermarket., Mabini Street. 08:00-20:00.
- Bayawan City Public Market. 05:00-17:00.
- Novo. 09:00-20:00.
- PNB Bank, Ramon Magsaysay Street. 24 hour ATM. Has a Visa Card ATM.
- Generika Drug Store, Rizal Street, ☏ . 08:00-20:00.
- Angels Burger, National Highway. 09:00-21:00.
- Mang Inasal, Ramon Magsaysay Street. 09:00-21:00. Fast food.
- Bayawan Pension House, Carlos Gamboa street, ☏ . Fan double rooms. A/C double rooms. ₱250/450.
- Riverfront Inn, National highway, ☏ . Fan double rooms. ₱250.
- Bliss Pension house, 413 Mabini street, ☏ . Fan single/double rooms with outside bathrooms. ₱250/450.
- Casa Rosario Pension House, Claro M Recto Street, ☏ . Check-out: 12:00. A/C single/double with own bathroom and cable TV. ₱650/700.