- Our Dumaguete article includes some of the suburbs:
- Bacong - on the coast, to the south
- Sibulan - on the coast, to the north
- Valencia - inland, to the west
- Other suburbs include:
Other towns include:
- 3 Bais - known for whale and dolphin watching, north of Dumaguete
- 4 Bayawan - on the southwest coast
- 5 Canlaon - inland at the northwest tip of the province
- 6 Guihulngan - north of Bais
- 7 Mabinay - up in the mountains, known for its many caves
- 8 Pamplona
- 9 Siaton - near the southern tip of the island
- 10 Tanjay - on the coast, between Dumaguete and Bais
- 11 Zamboanguita - on the coast south of Dumaguete
Most of these are on the coastal highway that rings the island. Pamplona and Mabinay are up in the mountains, reached via other roads.
The main language of the region is Cebuano.
See the Dumaguete article for the main routes into the province.