Traffic entering Bedford from Bloomington and farther north from Indianapolis can use IN 37 southbound, while areas to the south near Paoli and Interstate 64 will use IN 37 northbound. From the east, US 50 westbound brings traffic from Seymour and Interstate 65. Areas to the west like Vincennes will follow US 50 eastbound. From the southeast, IN 60 (at Mitchell) brings traffic from Salem and Louisville.
- Bluespring Caverns, 1459 Bluespring Caverns Rd, ☎ . April & May: Sa,Su. only, 9AM-5PM; Memorial Day thru October 31: Daily, 9AM to 5PM; November 1 thru March 31: Closed. Bluespring Caverns is the longest known underground river in the United State, stretching for 21 miles (33.8 km). Hour long boat tours are given of the river system. Youth groups may also book overnight stays in the cave. Note: The walk to the tour boats is a 800 feet (243 m) down and back up a steep ramp. Adults: $12, Children 3 to 15: $6. Children under 3 are not recommended.
City & County Parks
- Mitchell City Park. Swimming, picnic area, playground, horseshoes, basketball and community building.
- Otis Park. Golf, tennis, picnic area, softball and shelter house.
- Lawrence County Recreational Park, Inc., ☎ , toll-free: . 12 miles south of Bloomington Motorcycles and ATV's only. Come down to the scenic hills to experience OHV trails designed by Riders and Riders. Open 7 days a week.
- Murray Forest Park. Softball, playground and hiking trails.
- Thornton Park. Swimming, tennis, playground and shelter house.
- Wilson Park. Baseball, horseshoes, playground and shelter house.
- Spring Mill State Park, 3333 IN 60, Mitchell, ☎ . Lodging, dining, picnic areas, pioneer village, horse trails and saddle barn, fishing and swimming, cave tours, camping, hiking and nature center. Also houses a museum to Virgil "Gus" Grissom, an astronaut killed in an Apollo mission in 1967.
- Williams Dam State Recreation Area (Williams, IN). Boat launch, fishing, camping and picnic area.
- Great Escape 7, 2929 Great Escape Dr., ☎ .
- Holiday Drive-In Theater, 1055 IN 37, Mitchell, ☎ .
- Premiere Theatre, 2933 Brock Ln, ☎ .
- Cedar Valley, ☎ . The 18 hole course is 5,235 yards, par 70. Driving range and putting green.
- Otis Park, ☎ . The 18 hole course is 6,300 yards, par 72. Driving range, practice greens, pitching green and pro shop.
- Persimmon Ridge. The 9 hole course is 2,500 yards, par 39. Putting Green.
- J Rock Ridge Golf Course (IN 60, 2 miles east of Spring Mill State Park, Mitchell). The 18 hole golf course is 6,313 yards, Par 72. Driving range, putting green, and Pro shop.
- Saddlebrook Golf Club, 5160 IN 60 East, Orleans, 47452, ☎ . Saddle Brook Golf Club has undergone major renovations. Located just 2 miles from Spring Mill State Park, our 18-hole layout has new cart paths, new irrigation for better greens and fairways and a new clubhouse. SaddleBrook offers a stocked pro shop, a great atmosphere and courteous staff.
- Stone Crest Golf Community, toll-free: . North of Bedford and West off IN 37 . 27 hole course, driving range, practice greens, pro shop.
- Sugar Creek Hunting Preserve, 910 Scenic Hills Camp Rd., Mitchell, ☎ . Sporting Clays & Hunting Preserve.
- Bedford Antique Mall, 9746 IN 37.
- Peddler's Corner, 1420 H St.
- Trackside Antiques (downtown Bedford).
- Ma Nancy's, 609 W. Main St., Mitchell.
- Mitchell Commons, 631 Main St., Mitchell.
- S & H Fenton Antiques, 709 Main St., Mitchell.
- The Frog Pond (Mitchell).
- The Persimmon Tree, 609 Main St., Mitchell.
- This 'N' That Antiques and Collectibles, 44 Teke Burton Dr., Mitchell.
- Trackside Antiques (downtown Bedford).
- Williams Group, 615 W Main St., Mitchell.
- Bedford Plaza, Mitchell Rd.
- Englewood Plaza.
- Lincoln Plaza, Lincoln Ave.
- Lowe's (IN 37 & 16th St).
- Stone Cutters Shoppes (29th & Washington).
- Town Fair Shopping Center (SR 37 & 16th St).
- Wal-Mart Plaza, W. 16th St.
- Applacres, 9104 IN 37, ☎ . Fruits, vegetables, cheeses, jams, jellies, cider.
- Backyards & Gardens, 191 Old US 50, ☎ .
- Bluespring Caverns Giftshop.
- Common Scents, 1815 28th St., ☎ .
- Crafts & Goodies, US 50 West.
- Spring Mill Inn Gift Shop, Spring Mill Inn, IN 60, Mitchell.
- Turner Doll Factory (Heltonville).
- Aunt Kate's, 2811 Washington Ave. Consignment (used furniture and home decor).
- Bob Evans, 3321 16th St., ☎ .
- Breakfast Barn, 1529 L St, ☎ .
- Chuck's Soul Food, 1008 5th St, ☎ .
- Corey's Cafe, 733 Hoosier Ave.. Oolitic
- Cutters Restaurant, 1539 J St, ☎ .
- Golden Corral, 1521 James Ave., ☎ .
- Golden Gables, 9343 IN 37 (at US 50), ☎ .
- Hobby's Inn Restaurant, 2615 Mitchell, ☎ .
- Hungry Texan, 9712 IN 37, ☎ .
- Jack's Lounge & Family Dining, 505 Main St., Mitchell.
- Joe's Family Restaurant (IN 60 & 9th St, Mitchell).
- Old Buggy Buffet, 1801 Plaza Dr., ☎ .
- Old Downtown Tavern, 1005 16th St.
- Pappa's, 2810 Washington Ave., ☎ .
- R Street Bistro, 1133 R St, ☎ .
- Rusty's Westend Steakhouse, 1414 Bundy Ln., ☎ .
- Shorty's Den, 1300 7th St..
- Snow's Drive In, 2928 Mitchell Rd., ☎ .
- Spaghetti Grill, 2810 Washington Ave, ☎ .
- Spring Mill Inn. Spring Mill State Park, Mitchell
- Stonehenge Steakhouse, 911 Constitution Ave., ☎ .
- Woodsferry Cafe (IN 37 & US 50), ☎ .
- Casa Brava Mexican, 3405 W 16th St, ☎ .
- Mamma's Mexican-Italian, 1707 M St, ☎ .
- Pintos, 9582 IN 37, ☎ .
- Asian Pearl Chinese, 1309 James Ave, ☎ .
- Bei Jing Restaurant, 3309 16th St., ☎ .
- Empress Court, 1102 James Ave (Town Fair Center), ☎ .
- Alley's, 111 N 7th St, Mitchell.
- Domino's, 2210 O St., ☎ .
- Edna's (9th St. & IN 60, Mitchell).
- Grecco's, ☎ . 3 locations: 519 Lincoln Ave (Bedford), IN 37(Mitchell), 210 Hillcrest Way (Judah) 277-9000.
- Little Caesar's (Kmart, Town Fair Shopping Center), ☎ .
- Me & Julio's, 1020 16th St..
- Mr. Gatti's, 3301 W 16th St., ☎ .
- Papa John's, 2609 W 16th St., ☎ .
- Pizza Court, 1005 15th St, ☎ .
- Pizza Hut, 2111 West 16th St., ☎ .
- Pizza King, E 16th St, ☎ .
- Bandana's, 1220 5th St, ☎ .
- Olde Downtown Tavern, 1005 16th St., ☎ .
- Seventh Street Lounge, 1001 7th St., ☎ .
- Shorty's Den, 1300 7th St., ☎ .
- Espresso Place, 2021 16th St, ☎ .
- Starbucks, 3015 W 16th St. (at Clinic).
Bed & Breakfast
- The Gardens Inn Bed & Breakfast, ☎ , toll-free: . One Gardens Way. 4 rooms.
Hotels & Motels
- Budget Inn of Bedford, Mitchell Rd, ☎ . 20 rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotels & Suites, 2800 Express Ln, ☎ . (;at IN 37). 64 rooms, Free Smart Breakfast, Priority Club Points, Free Wireless High Speed, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Hot Tub, 24 Hour Fitness Room, Meeting Rooms, See Virtual Tour
- Hoosier Hills Motel, Mitchell Rd, ☎ . 16 rooms.
- Mark III Motel, M St, ☎ . 21 rooms.
- Mitchell Motor Inn, IN 60, Mitchell, ☎ . 7 rooms.
- Plaza Motel, US 50 East, ☎ . 19 rooms.
- Rosemont Motel, M St, ☎ . 25 rooms.
- Spring Mill Inn, ☎ , toll-free: . IN 60 East (PO Box 68), Mitchellm. 74 rooms, indoor/outdoor pool, dining room, meeting rooms, gift shop.
- Stonehenge Lodge, IN 37, ☎ , toll-free: . 96 rooms, swimming pool, dining room, meeting rooms, lounge.
- Super 8 Motel, ☎ , toll-free: . IN 37. 48 rooms, indoor pool, whirlpool spa, meeting room.
Most telephone numbers in Bedford consist of +1 812 plus a seven-digit number, but a second area code (+1 930) was overlain onto the entire 812 area in September 2014. A local or in-state telephone call now requires all 10 digits of the local number be dialed (omitting just the leading +1 from a local landline call).
Signage on many established businesses may still display the original seven-digit numbers; dial 812 before these if no area code is indicated.
|Routes through Bedford|
|St. Louis ← Vincennes ←||W E||→ Seymour → Cincinnati|
|Indianapolis ← Bloomington ←||N S||→ Jct → Tell City → END|