Jump to navigation Jump to search
It has a population of 17,435 and is home to the Puyuma and Rukai peoples
The township is accessible via the TRA network through the following station:
- 1 Shanli station (山里車站), ☏ .
Culture and heritage
- 1 Taromak Monument (Taromak達魯瑪克), ☏ .
Parks and nature
- 2 Jhihben National Forest Recreation Area (知本國家森林遊樂區), No. 268, Longquan Road, ☏ . 07:00-17:00. A 110 hectare area of recreational forest.
- 3 Baiyu Waterfall (白玉瀑布), Wenquan Road.
- 4 Yuan Sen Garden (原生應用植物園), ☏ . 08:30-19:30.
- 1 Chulu Ranch (初鹿牧場). A cattle ranch where tourists can take part in a number of activities.
- 2 Zhiben Hot Spring (知本溫泉). One of the most famous of Taiwan's hot springs.
- Secret place of Jhiben (知本祕境), No. 58, Lane 113, Longquan Rd (5 minutes' drive from the Chihpen forest recreation area), ☏ . All new decorations (as of 2016) and furniture, bedrooms at least 50m² (including a toilet, a bathroom and balcony). Bathtub which is composed of cypress wood and stone. Hotspring soup is available to each room. The bed is a new nano-memory bed. Around the premises there are many plants, flowers and organic vegetables. Free Wi-Fi.