Bellevue, is a small town in Sarpy County, Nebraska, just south of Omaha and west of the Missouri River. It is the oldest town in Nebraska and the oldest town west of the Missouri River. It is known for being the historical home to Strategic Air Command and, today, US Strategic Command.
The primary north-south arteries are Highway 75 (the Kennedy Freeway) and Fort Crook Road. Both roads link to Interstate 80 north of Bellevue in South Omaha. Highway 370 and Cornhusker Road are major east-west arterials. Interstate 29, in Iowa, can be reached by following Highway 370 through Olde Towne Bellevue and crossing the Missouri River.
There are three main roads that will lead you around Bellevue. The oldest being Mission Ave. This will take you through Bellevue's historic Olde Towne area. Cornhusker Road will take you through one of the newer parts of town, Wolf Creek. Highway 370 will take you past the Twin Creek area.
- 1 Fontenelle Forest, 1111 Bellevue Blvd N (take US-75 and exit on Chandler Rd W, turn right onto Fort Crook Rd, turn east on Camp Brewster Rd, then right on Bellevue Blvd N), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Visitor center open 8AM-5PM, trails open sunrise to sunset. A National Natural Landmark covering 1,400 acres of marshes and woodlands on the banks of the Missouri River. The forest has several facilities spread across the area, including a raptor bird conservation facility. Several hiking trails available. No overnight camping. No dogs allowed. $11 adults, $8 children, $10 seniors.
- 2 Old Log Cabin. The oldest remaining building between the Missouri River and the Pacific Ocean erected in the United States Territory. Built circa 1835.
- 1st Presbyterian Church. Located between 19th and 20th avenues in Olde Towne. Built in 1856, it is one of several remaining buildings from this era in Bellevue. People still get married there to this day.
- Fontenelle Bank. The oldest commercial public building in Nebraska. It was the first bank granted the right to circulate and issue money in the Nebraska Territory. The original bank vault remains, as do the old bank teller cages.
- 3 Sarpy County Museum, 2402 Clay St (at W 24th Avre), ☏ . Tu-Sa 10AM-4PM. Museum chronicles the history of Sarpy County. Free ($2 suggested donation).
- 4 Columban Fathers Missionary Society (Missionary Society of St. Columban), 1902 Calhoun St (2 blocks north of Mission Ave on Calhoun Street), ☏ . 8AM-4:30PM. Scenic campus with trees, open space, various birds, turkeys, deer and more. Take a short walk to find a grotto. Free.
- Bellevue Little Theatre, ☏ . Located in Olde Towne, This is one of Bellevue's cultural gems. It is made up of entirely volunteers. The high quality of their performances has earned them a dedicated following in Bellevue. It show cases a variety of local talent. It's where you can enjoy a big theatre production with a small town community feel.
- Twin Creek Cinema, 370 and 36th St, ☏ . Highway Twin Creek Cinema is a spacious movie theatre. It has 16 screens, stadium seating, highbacked loveseats, 8 inches of leg room in every row, and plenty of parking spaces.
- Lied Activity Center, 2700 Arboretum Dr (corner of Hwy 370/Ft Crook), ☏ . The Lied Center features an indoor walking track, a fully equipped weight room, batting cages, swimming pool, basketball court, volleyball court, tennis court, and a softball field.
- Haworth Park (Mission Avenue & Payne Drive), ☏ . 153 acres centered on the Missouri River. It has places for both RV and tent camping. It features a marina, 3 soccer fields, two fully lite baseball diamonds, 3 fully lite tennis courts, playground equipment, restrooms, electric RV pad hook ups, grills and picnic tables.
- Fontenelle Hills Golf Course, 1102 Country Club Ct, ☏ . 18 holes in Bellevue's lush forest area. It features a lounge, 250 seat banquet facility, pro shop, and it's open to the public.
- Wolf Creek Shopping Area. Bellevue's largest shopping area. It includes shops and stores like Richman Gordmans, Michaels, Gamestop, Walmart and many others. It also has various restaurants too.
- Twin Creek Shopping Area. It includes shops such as Nobbies, Target, Bakers, and several smaller shops too.
- Olde Towne. Here is where most of the towns smaller shops are featuring everything from a one of a kind hat maker to a rare coins dealer.
- Amarillo, 303 Fort Crook Rd, ☏ . Known for its World Famous BBQ, The Amarillo has been a favorite place for many of country music's biggest stars to get a bite to eat. It is one of only two in the world. (the other being in Texas)
- China Road, 4006 Twin Creek Dr, ☏ . China Road is known more for how their food is served than their actual food. They take the time to make your food into art.
- Lansky's Pizza, Pasta & Philly Steaks, 4601 South 50th St, ☏ . Their name says it all.
- That's Amore, 105 W. Mission, ☏ . Italian food presented in a romantic atmosphere. Best calzones in Omaha. Heaping portions.
- Chipotle, Cornhusker Road. Delicious burritos in a modern atmosphere.
- Stella's, North Galvin Rd. A real blue-collar American burger joint.
- La Mesa, South Fort Crook Rd (by Highway 370 exit and Offutt AFB). Immaculate Mexican food experience. This building is enormous and is built like an old Mexican mission. Ornate decor inside is all authentic from Mexico.
- Swine Dining BBQ, 204 E. Mission Ave.. Started out on the BBQ Competition circuit and cooking for friends, then selling roadside BBQ and at last a restaurant. cheap.
- Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant, 105 E Mission Ave (Corner of Mission & Franklin), ☏ . 11AM to 8PM M-Sat. Fresh traditional El Paso Style Mexican food made from scratch. Family owned by long time local residents.
- DJ's Dugout, 2440 Cornhusker Rd, ☏ . A top notch sports bar. It has great American style food and it has keno, competitive TV quizzes, and big screen TVs.
- Pharaoh's, 910 Fort Crook Road South, ☏ . A bar featuring pool, darts, and keno. They serve food too.
- Jammer's Pub (South Galvin Rd and Highway 370).
- Roman Coin Pizza and Varsity's Sports Bar, 3504 Samson Way (Corner of Highway 370 and 36th street), ☏ . Sports Bar with a lot of TVs for your viewing needs, enjoy great pizza and beverages.
- 1 Holiday Inn Express, 10804 S 15th St (south of Cornhusker Rd), ☏ .
- 2 Imperial Motel, 1209 Fort Crook Rd N, ☏ . Large rooms with kitchen and high speed internet. Kitchenette rooms have a full size refrigerator and oven. Microwave available as well. Regular rooms also have a small refrigerator. Many restaurants within 1 mile.
- 3 Rodeway Inn, 1110 Fort Crook Rd S, ☏ , fax: . 105 rooms, 8 suites, whirlpool rooms, heated outdoor pool, adult/children play area, microwave and refrigerator in every room.
- 4 SureStay Plus Hotel, 305 Fort Crook Rd N, ☏ . 59 rooms, sauna, weight room, Jacuzzi, refrigerator, recliner, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, in every room. Restaurants on each side of motel.
- Head north to Omaha and check the booming riverfront area or head south to Lincoln and catch a Huskers game.
- The Strategic Air and Space Museum, the museum of the Strategic Air Command, is located in Ashland
|Routes through Bellevue|
|Sioux City ← Omaha ←||N S||→ Plattsmouth → Topeka|