Eastern Nebraska is the most populated region in Nebraska, home to over three-quarters of the state's population. The metropolitan areas of Omaha and Lincoln alone are home to half of the state's total population.
The region can be roughly defined as anything east of NE-14, which sits midway between US Highway 281 and US Highway 81.
- 1 Omaha - the largest city in the state
- 2 Bellevue
- 3 Papillion
- 4 Fremont
- 5 Lincoln - the state capital
- 6 Norfolk
- 7 Columbus
- 8 York
- 1 Ashfall Fossil Bed State Historical Park - a large fossil site located in near the town of Royal in Antelope County.
- 2 Fontenelle Forest - 1,400 acres of forest and wetlands on the banks of the Missouri river near Bellevue.
- 3 Eugene T. Mahoney State Park - state park near Ashland with plenty of outdoor activities and hiking trails.
- 4 Indian Cave State Park - 3,400 acres of wilderness, historical buildings, and a cave featuring prehistoric petroglyphs.
Rolling hills, dense forests, and countless rivers and streams make up the eastern third of the state. Given Nebraska's reputation for being flat and treeless, this can surprise visitors.
- 1 Omaha Eppley Airfield (OMA IATA), 4501 Abbott Dr (northeast of downtown Omaha), ☏ . A domestic airport servicing the continental U.S. No international flights. On-site car rental services and taxi services available. This is the largest airport in the state and the landing site for almost all out-of-state flights.
- 2 Lincoln Municipal Airport (LNK IATA), 2400 W Adams St (take exit 399 off I-80 and head west), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A smaller airport offering routes to and from Denver, Chicago, and Minneapolis. The second largest airport in the state and a fueling station for the Nebraska National Guard.
- 1 Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium. This nationally renowned zoo in Omaha is Nebraska's number one paid attraction.
- 2 Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum. A museum located near Ashland dedicated to the advancement in aircraft and spacecraft during the Cold War.
- 3 Nebraska State Capitol. Home to Nebraska's unicameral government in Lincoln.