Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Bilaspur Junction railway station.
The nearest airport is Swami Vivekananda Airport at Raipur.
- Amarkantak is also near where the River Narmada originates.
- Bilsapur and its surroundings are home to the temples built in the 10th and 11th centuries by the Kalachuri dynasty.
- Ratanpur - The old capital of the Chhattisgarh state - Ratanpur, is about 25 km away from Bilaspur hqrs. on Katghora Road. According to the local people, it had an important place in all four Yugas. As per its tourism importance, there is an old fort which is till date in good condition. There is good attractive old sculpture on the stone over the frame of Ganesha gate. On the frame of this gate Idols of River Ganga-Jamuna can be seen. On entrance are glimpses of the Tandav Dance of Lord Shivji and statue of Brahma and Vishnu.
Biriyani from Madrasi Restaurant, opposite Old High Court, is excellent.
- Indian Coffee House, Near Company Garden.
Good hotels include Aananda Imperial, East Park, Hotel Intercity and Jeet International.
- 1 Courtyard by Marriott, Citymall 36, Mangla Chowk, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. The 4-star hotel has 98 rooms on three floors. It had seven meeting rooms, making it suitable for business travellers.
- Amarkantak — is 80 km away
- Malhar — 40 km away, contains another great, more ancient Hindu temple
- Menpat — is 250 km away
- Ratanpur — nearly 25 km away from the main city, home to Kanti Deul (Temple), is a good historical and religious place to see