Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > North East England > County Durham > Bishop AucklandJump to navigation Jump to search
- Weardale Railway, between Stanhope and Bishop Auckland, ☏ . The train line runs between Stanhope and Bishop Auckland. Stanhope Station is located at DL13 2YS and the Bishop Auckland is located at DL14 7AL.
- 1 Auckland Castle. It is open from 2-5pm on Sundays and Mondays.. The castle has been home to the Bishops of Durham for over 800 years and still is to this day.Located in Bishop Auckland For an adult the charge is £4 and £3 for children aged between 13-16 and adults over 60 years of age. Children under the age of 12 can enter for free..
- 2 Binchester Roman Fort (Located 1.5 miles outside of Bishop Auckland on the Dere Street Trail). An old Roman Fort that only has a small part of its remains excavated. The remains include an impressive bathhouse, some of the forts defences along with other settlement buildings Open 11am to 5pm all days of the week. Prices for adult tickets are £2.25 and children and adults over the age of 60 get in for £1.00. Free parking is available on site..
- Raby Castle was built in the 14th C but much prettified in the 17th & 18th C. It's 8 miles west, on the A688 between Bishop Auckland and Barnard Castle. Open April-Oct Tu-Su 09:00-17:00.
- Sweet Greetings Shildon, 4 Church Street, Shildon, DL41DU (Centre of Shildon, near Bishop Auckland), ☏ . 9-5. Sells old-fashioned, retro sweets and chocolates. all.
- Park Head Country Hotel & Restaurant, New Coundon, ☏ .