Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Bishop Auckland railway station. on the Tees Valley line, with trains from Darlington and Tees Valley Airport.
- Weardale Railway, between Stanhope and Bishop Auckland, ☏ . The train line runs between Stanhope and Bishop Auckland. Stanhope Station is located at DL13 2YS and the Bishop Auckland is located at DL14 7AL.
- 1 Auckland Castle. It is open from 2-5pm on Sundays and Mondays.. The castle has been home to the Bishops of Durham for over 800 years and still is to this day.Located in Bishop Auckland For an adult the charge is £4 and £3 for children aged between 13-16 and adults over 60 years of age. Children under the age of 12 can enter for free..
- 2 Binchester Roman Fort (Located 1.5 miles outside of Bishop Auckland on the Dere Street Trail). An old Roman Fort that only has a small part of its remains excavated. The remains include an impressive bathhouse, some of the forts defences along with other settlement buildings Open 11am to 5pm all days of the week. Prices for adult tickets are £2.25 and children and adults over the age of 60 get in for £1.00. Free parking is available on site..
- 3 Raby Castle. April-Oct Tu-Su 09:00-17:00.. was built in the 14th C but much prettified in the 17th & 18th C. It's 8 miles west, on the A688 between Bishop Auckland and Barnard Castle.
- 4 Escomb Church. one of the oldest Anglo-Saxon churches in England.
The main shopping area is around Newgate street. Asda and Morrisons supermarkets are near the southern end of Newgate Street
- 1 Newgate Centre. M-Sa 8AM - 6PM, Su 10AM - 4PM. Small shopping centre with 15 shops including Wilko and B&M.
- 2 Boyes, 84 Newgate Street. Discount department store
As of June 2022, Bishop Auckland has 4G from all UK carriers. 5G has not reached town but is getting close.