Taking PA-73 or route 202 will take you to Blue Bell. It is located mainly between the intersection of the two main roads.
Although it is rare to see the Septa bus run around Blue Bell area it is accessible. Although cars are the main source of transportation the bus is an affordable and easy transportation method that can be accessed for about $2 a ride during any time of the week. Route 98 will go through Norristown passing by Blue Bell all the way to Willow grove. The bus typically comes by every 30 minutes and if you plan on travelling to local cities it is a great way to get around, it is a nice place to visit.
There is no train station in Blue Bell but SEPTA runs trains to stations within 5-15 minutes walk or drive. Neighboring Ambler, Fort Washington, and even Norristown have stations on the network. You can either take the Manayunk/Norristown Line train to Norristown or the Lansdale/Doylestown Lime to Ambler or Fort Washington. The train within every 30 minutes. It costs around $4 and is faster and more comfortable than the bus. You can park for only a dollar in most train stations.
- Enterprise Rent a Car at 1521 Narcissa Road has compact cars at around $40/day and minivans for about a $100/day.
- Wentz Run Park - The most visited park in town is next to the Blue Bell Police Department. It is a public family-orientated park which offers many special events and activities. It has a concession stand, gazebo, 4 tennis courts, 2 full court basketball courts, sandball volleyball court, 2 soccer fields, 3 baseball fields, and playgrounds which are offered for ages 3-12.
- Montgomery County Community College, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell, ☏ . The Lively Arts series is a focal point for culture in the area. Audiences experience the arts first-hand through performances of regional and national artists in dance, music, and theatre.
- 1 Plymouth Friends Meetinghouse (at the corner of Germantown Pike and Butler Pike). It was built in 1708, and is constructed of native limestone. A wing was added in 1780, and the interior was rebuilt in 1867 following a fire.
- Village Square Shopping Center is one of the few shopping centers in Blue Bell.
- Plymouth Meeting Mall, 500 W. Germantown Pike - Suite L-150, Plymouth Meeting, ☏ . Boscov's, Macy's and our 12-screen AMC Theater. Shop more than 110 specialty stores. There's a double-decker carousel, and miniature golf.
- Wings Field is a general aviation airport located in Blue Bell.
- Blue Bell Diner is the main diner up in Blue Bell. Open 24/7. Their breakfast and soups are quite extroardinary and cheap. They also have delectable milkshakes and desserts to finish it off.
- Pudges. Located in the heart of Blue Bell, this place is known especially for their famous hoagies and steaks which are very large and delicious.
- Reeds Restaurant/Nightclub offers a variety of entertainment and delicacies. There are nightly food specials and drink specials. Live DJ and entertainment.
- [dead link] Trinacria Restorante Italiano, 1016 DeKalb Pike (Rt. 202), Blue Bell, ☏ . The taste of Italy. The elegance of fine dining in a warm, relaxing atmosphere. Zagat Survey rated as one of America's top Italian restaurants. Groups, private parties welcome.
- Brandywine Hunt Club & Grille, 640 W. Germantown Pk - Double Tree Guest Suites Hotel, Plymouth Meeting, ☏ . The Brandywine is a charming restaurant with noted American cuisine. Ask about our Easter, Mother's Day, and Thanksgiving specials.
- Normandy Farm Hotel And Conference Center, 1431 Morris Road (Rt 202 & Morris Road), ☏ . It was once America's largest and prestigious private estates, and now Normandy Farm has been transformed into a first class hotel and conference facility. It is also a restored historic landmark. Wireless internet and a comfortable bar and lounge situated in Americas oldest Silo. There is also a golf course and you can dine on cuisine prepared by celebrity chef Jim Coleman. There is 30,000 sq ft of meeting space, video conferencing, and an indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi, fitness center, and game room and free on-site parking.
- William Penn Inn, 1017 Dekalb Pike, ☏ .
- [dead link] Courtyard by Marriott Plymouth Meeting, 651 Fountain Road, Plymouth Meeting, ☏ . Moderately priced hotel with 157 rooms and suites. Rooms include blow dryers, irons, and boards, along with coffee makers. Enjoy the indoor pool, spa, and exercise room.
- [dead link] SpringHill Suites - Plymouth Meeting, 430 Plymouth Rd, Plymouth Meeting, ☏ . Marriott's moderately priced, 199-room, all-suite hotel features separate areas for eating, working, relaxing and sleeping. Guests can also enjoy a complimentary Continental buffet breakfast and free high speed internet access.
- Hampton Inn - Plymouth Meeting, 2055 Chemical Rd, Plymouth Meeting, ☏ . 136 rooms. Features complimentary hot breakfast buffet, restaurant and fitness room on-site. Additional dining and shopping within walking distance. Internet access, HBO, USA Today and local calls. Group rates and Hilton Honors Rewards.
- DoubleTree Guest Suites Philadelphia West, 640 W. Germantown Pk, Plymouth Meeting, ☏ . 252 spacious, well appointed suites feature a living room and a separate master bedroom, wet bar, iron and ironing board, coffee maker and refrigerator. Relax at the indoor pool, sun deck, whirlpool, sauna and exercise room. Brandywine Hunt Club & Grille.
|Routes through Blue Bell|
|Doylestown ← Lower Gwynedd Township ←||N S||→ Norristown → King of Prussia|