- For the city in Maryland, see Fort Washington (Maryland).
It is home to 3,680 inhabitants (2000 census).
Fort Washington is conveniently close to the Philadelphia International Airport. There are rental cars, SEPTA, and even the Lansdale/Doylestown Regional Rail line via a connection with the Airport Line that is available to take to from the airport. Fort Washington has an actual Regional Rail and SEPTA stop, which is located no more than a half mile from a Holiday Inn. The Lansdale/Doylestown Regional Rail line also runs through Center City with connecting trains from New York and New Jersey.
Close to Fort Washington, is Valley Forge - the historical landmark where the Continental Army stationed themselves for six months under the reign of General George Washington.
The Willow Grove Mall is a very high-end mall that is located near Fort Washington. The SEPTA also makes a stop at this mall.
Some restaurants that are highly regarded in Fort Washington are:
- Alison II.
- Zake's Cakes.
Upper Dublin Township 801 Loch Alsh Avenue Fort Washington, PA 19034
Phone: (215) 643-1600 Fax: (215) 542-0797
One of the best things about Fort Washington is that it is in the middle of many places. Although Fort Washington is a very lovely place, it is what surrounds this quaint little town that makes it more enjoyable.
- Center City A train ride is only 30 minutes, and from here you can see the Liberty Bell, the famous Art Museum, and City Hall.
- Ambler is a 5 minute drive from Fort Washington. It has many stores and restaurants, but most of all the Ambler Theater which is over a 100 years old. However, Ambler is known for its restaurants, such as Casey's Alley, Bridget's, and Shanachie, an Irish pub.
- Chestnut Hill — Appeals to the artistic
- King of Prussia Mall — One of the largest malls in the nation, is an easy thirty-minute drive. The SEPTA also makes a stop there.
- Manayunk — a "bar-town"
|Routes through Fort Washington|
|Harrisburg via ← King of Prussia ←||W E||→ Willow Grove → Bristol|
|Doylestown ← Lower Gwynedd Township ←||N S||→ Jenkintown → Philadelphia|