This article also covers the neighboring communities of Ambler, Spring House, and Flourtown.
It is home to 5,400 people (2010).
Fort Washington is close to the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL IATA). There are rental cars, SEPTA, and even the Lansdale/Doylestown Regional Rail line via a connection with the Airport Line that is available to take to from the airport. Fort Washington has a Regional Rail and SEPTA stop, which is a half mile from a Holiday Inn. The Lansdale/Doylestown Regional Rail line also runs through Center City with connecting trains from New York and New Jersey.
- Highlands Mansion & Gardens, 7001 Sheaff Ln, ☏ . 44-acre historic site with a late 18th-century Georgian mansion and two-acre formal garden.
- Temple University Ambler, 580 Meetinghouse Road, Ambler, ☏ . The 187-acre campus is home to the Landscape Arboretum of Temple University Ambler and the Center for Sustainable Communities. Offers diverse entertaining, engaging community programs for students and the public.
- Hope Lodge & Mather Mill, 553 S. Bethlehem Pk, ☏ . Georgian estate built between 1743-1748 by Quaker entrepreneur Samuel Morris.
- The Stoogeum, 904 Sheble Lane, Spring House, ☏ . This is the world's only Three Stooges museum. View rare "Stoogeabilia" including personal belongings, movie props, toys and games. Enjoy the Stooges art gallery, theater and research library.
- Fort Washington State Park, 500 S. Bethlehem Pk, ☏ . Hiking, picnicking, and bird watching.
- Willow Grove Park Mall, 2500 W Moreland Rd Willow Grove, ☏ . The mall features more than 130 specialty retailers and is anchored by Bloomingdale’s, Sears, Primark, Macy’s, and Nordstrom Rack. The SEPTA makes a stop at this mall.
- Ambler Main Street, ☏ . A welcoming community with a vibrant town center, offering shopping and nightlife with independent stores, restaurants, art-house movies, live theater and tree-lined streets, an easy 35-minute train ride to Philadelphia.
- Great American Grill Restaurant, 530 Pennsylvania Avenue, ☏ . Located in the Hilton Garden Inn serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Room service in the evening and on-site catering available.
- Palace of Asia Indian Restaurant, 285 Commerce Drive, ☏ . Fine restaurant, bar and banquet facility, rated "Excellent" by Zagat, presenting a wide selection of Indian haute cuisine. A healthful alternative made from the finest and freshest ingredients. Catering available.
- Harvey's New Market Restaurant, 432 Pennsylvania Ave (in the Holiday Inn), ☏ . Combines hearty dining with an elegant atmosphere.
- [dead link] Sorella Rose Bar and Grill at the Springfield Hotel, 1800 Bethlehem Pk, Flourtown, ☏ . Casual dining in a charming 19th-century inn. American cuisine featuring steaks, seafood, and innovative pastas. Open air porch dining. Banquet facilities for up to 200.
- Hilton Garden Inn Fort Washington Philadelphia, 530 Pennsylvania Avenue, ☏ . Fort Washington's newest hotel features an indoor pool and fitness center, and 24-hour business center. All rooms equipped with refrigerators, microwave ovens and coffee makers. 2,000 square-feet of meeting space available.
- Holiday Inn Fort Washington, 432 Pennsylvania Ave, ☏ . At PA Tpk exit 339, this 216-room hotel and conference center features 10,000 sq ft of meeting space, Harvey's Restaurant, Holly's Lounge, business center, outdoor pool, and fitness center.
Upper Dublin Township, 801 Loch Alsh Avenue, ☏
One of the best things about Fort Washington is that it is in the middle of many places. Although Fort Washington is a very lovely place, it is what surrounds this quaint little town that makes it more enjoyable.
- Center City — A train ride is only 30 minutes, and from here you can see the Liberty Bell, the famous Art Museum, and City Hall.
- Ambler is a 5-minute drive from Fort Washington. It has many stores and restaurants, but most of all the Ambler Theater which is over a 100 years old. However, Ambler is known for its restaurants, such as Casey's Alley, Bridget's, and Shanachie, an Irish pub.
- Chestnut Hill — Appeals to the artistic
- King of Prussia Mall — One of the largest malls in the nation, is an easy thirty-minute drive. The SEPTA also makes a stop there.
- Manayunk — a "bar-town"
|Routes through Fort Washington|
|Harrisburg via ← King of Prussia ←||W E||→ Willow Grove → Bristol|
|Doylestown ← Lower Gwynedd Township ←||N S||→ Jenkintown → Philadelphia|