This article also covers the nearby communities of Horsham, and Hatboro
There are multiple ways to get into Willow Grove. There is a train station along SEPTA Regional Rail's Warminster Line in the heart of the town which runs to and from Center City Philadelphia as well as to several other suburbs around Philadelphia. There is also the Willow Grove interchange off of the Pennsylvania Turnpike toll road, which provides access to Willow Grove from the western suburbs of Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, and other western points to the west and from lower Bucks County, New Jersey, and New York City from the east. Pennsylvania Route 611 is the main north-south road through Willow Grove, providing access from Philadelphia to the south and from Doylestown and central Bucks County to the north. SEPTA Bus lines also run in and out of Willow Grove from all over Philadelphia as well as the surrounding suburbs, with the Route 22 bus running daily between Olney Transportation Center in North Philadelphia and Warminster, the Route 55 bus running daily between Olney Transportation Center and Doylestown, the Route 95 bus running Monday-Saturday from Gulph Mills, and the Route 310 bus running Monday-Saturday from the business parks in Horsham.
The best way to get around Willow Grove would be from using your own personal vehicle, but if you do not have your own means of transportation, there are SEPTA bus lines that can take you around the town, as well as taxi services that you must call ahead of time if you would like them to pick you up.
- Bux-Mont Transportation, ☏ . Provides taxicab service to Willow Grove and nearby areas in Montgomery and Bucks counties, along with airport service.
- Graeme Park, 859 County Line Rd, Horsham, ☏ . Colonial mansion built in 1722 for Provincial Governor Sir William Keith, Colonial governor of Pennsylvania.
- Main Street Hatboro, 17 S. York Road, Hatboro, ☏ . Visit the town where Revolutionary War soldiers' hats were made. Established in the early 1700s, this wonderful "small town" boasts more than 100 stores, restaurants, historic sites and entertainment venues.
- Winterports Ice Hockey Ring
- War Memorial Park is a great place to spend a nice afternoon where you can enjoy the public roller hockey rink, and a pleasant walking trail.
- 1 Willow Grove Park Mall, 2500 Moreland Road, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 11AM-6PM. This shopping mall consists of over 130 stores on three floors and is anchored by Bloomingdale's, Sears, Primark, Macy's, and Nordstrom Rack. The mall offers a food court and sit-down dining options including The Cheesecake Factory and TGI Fridays. The mall has a carousel located on the third floor near the food court.
Willow Grove also has various shopping centers near the mall which include large stores such as Barnes & Noble, Toys R Us, Walmart, and a Dick's Sporting Goods.
- Courtyard Marriot, 2350 Easton Road, ☏ . Route 611.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Philadelphia Willow Grove, 2480 Maryland Road, ☏ .
- Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Willow Grove, 3 Walnut Grove Drive, Horsham, ☏ .
- Days Inn-Horsham, 245 Easton Rd, Horsham, ☏ . 171 guest rooms; in-room coffee; premium TV channels with Nintendo; microwave; fridge; irons and boards; hair dryers; free local calls; continental breakfast; free weekday newspaper; business center; meeting space; fitness center; pet friendly.
Willow Grove has very easy access to local destinations and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The hotels are right next to the Turnpike. From the main intersection of Willow Grove York Rd & Easton Rd you can easily get to many different Philadelphia Region locations. Following Easton Rd (611) North heads towards the Turnpike or Doylestown. Following Easton Rd (611) South will get to Philadelphia.
|Routes through Willow Grove|
|Harrisburg ← Fort Washington ←||W E||→ Bensalem → Bristol|
|Easton ← Doylestown ←||N S||→ Abington Township → Philadelphia|
|END ← Warminster ←||N S||→ Abington Township → Philadelphia|