It is ideal to live due to the immediate availability of super markets, home goods, public and private schools, and travel resources such as train, turnpike, and bus routes.
There are multiple ways to get into Willow Grove. There is a train station along SEPTA Regional Rail's Warminster Line located in the heart of the town which runs to and from Center City Philadelphia as well as to several other suburbs around Philadelphia. There is also the Willow Grove interchange off of the Pennsylvania Turnpike toll road, which provides access to Willow Grove from the western suburbs of Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, and other western points to the west and from lower Bucks County, New Jersey, and New York City from the east. Pennsylvania Route 611 is the main north-south road through Willow Grove, providing access from Philadelphia to the south and from Doylestown and central Bucks County to the north. SEPTA Bus lines also run in and out of Willow Grove from all over Philadelphia as well as the surrounding suburbs, with the Route 22 bus running daily between Olney Transportation Center in North Philadelphia and Warminster, the Route 55 bus running daily between Olney Transportation Center and Doylestown, the Route 95 bus running Monday-Saturday from Gulph Mills, and the Route 310 bus running Monday-Saturday from the business parks in Horsham.
The best way to get around Willow Grove would be from using your own personal vehicle, but if you do not have your own means of transportation, there are SEPTA bus lines that can take you around the town, as well as taxi services that you must call ahead of time if you would like them to pick you up.
- Bux-Mont Transportation, ☎ . Provides taxicab service to Willow Grove and nearby areas in Montgomery and Bucks counties, along with airport service.
The biggest tourist attraction within Willow Grove is the Willow Grove Park Mall. This three story mall was built in 1982 on the site of the Willow Grove Park, which was a popular amusement park of the first half of the 20th century. The mall pays homage to the amusement park it replaced by operating a carousel on the third floor, as well as including decorations that resemble the atmosphere of the park.
Willow Grove also hosts a community park known as War Memorial Park. War Memorial recently built a roller hockey rink that is open to the public, and also has a pleasant walking trail.
Winterports Ice Hockey Ring. War Memorial Park is also a great place to spend a nice afternoon where you can enjoy the public roller hockey rink. The Willow Grove Park Mall is another excellent place to spend a day walking around and visiting all of the stores within the three story mall.
- Willow Grove Park Mall, 2500 Moreland Road, ☎ . M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 11AM-6PM. This shopping mall consists of over 130 stores on three floors and is anchored by Bloomingdale's, Sears, Primark, Macy's, Nordstrom Rack, and JCPenney. The mall offers a food court and sit-down dining options including The Cheesecake Factory, Bravo! Cucina Italiana, and TGI Fridays. The mall has a carousel located on the third floor near the food court.
Willow Grove also has various shopping centers near the mall which include large stores such as Barnes & Noble, Toys R Us, Walmart, and a Dick's Sporting Goods.
Eat Smoke Drink! Big Heads Willow Grove
- [dead link]Courtyard Marriot, 2350 Easton Road, ☎ . Route 611.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Philadelphia Willow Grove, 2480 Maryland Road , Willow Grove, Pennsylvania 19090, ☎ .
- Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Willow Grove, 3 Walnut Grove Drive , Horsham, Pennsylvania 19044, ☎ .
Willow Grove has very easy access to local destinations and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The hotels are right next to the Turnpike. From the main intersection of Willow Grove York Rd & Easton Rd you can easily get to many different Philadelphia Region locations. Following Easton Rd (611) North heads towards the Turnpike or Doylestown. Following Easton Rd (611) South will get to Philadelphia.
|Routes through Willow Grove|
|Harrisburg ← Fort Washington ←||W E||→ Bensalem → Bristol|
|Easton ← Doylestown ←||N S||→ Abington Township → Philadelphia|
|END ← Warminster ←||N S||→ Abington Township → Philadelphia|