Bensalem is a city in Pennsylvania.
Bensalem, Pennsylvania is a residential suburb conveniently located next to the bustling metropolis of Philadelphia. It connects to the city at its northeastern point of the city. However, just because it's residential, don't assume that it's only houses and fast food chains. There are a few interesting gems nearby without even entering Philadelphia.
Bensalem is also a perfect place to stay if you want to avoid the hustle, bustle and high prices of the inner city. Buses and trains are available nearby, as well as an accessible car rental service.
Interstate 95 provides access to the southern part of Bensalem Township from Philadelphia to the south and Trenton to the north. U.S. Route 1 provides access to the northern part of Bensalem Township from Northeast Philadelphia to the south and Trenton to the north. The Pennsylvania Turnpike (Interstate 276) toll road provides access to Bensalem Township from the northern and western suburbs of Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, and other western points from the west and from New Jersey and New York City from the east. The Pennsylvania Turnpike has two interchanges in the township: the Bensalem interchange that connects to U.S. Route 1, and the Street Road interchange, an eastbound exit and entrance that is accessible to E-ZPass tagholders only. Pennsylvania Route 132 (Street Road) is a major surface road in Bensalem Township providing access from the northern suburbs further northwest and connecting to U.S. Route 1, the Pennsylvania Turnpike, and Interstate 95 within the township.
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL IATA) - Fly in from any other major airport. It is about a 30 Minute Drive from Philadelphia to Bensalem by way of Interstate 95.
Getting around Bensalem and Northeast Philadelphia is a bit more difficult than Center City: there are no subways or local train systems throughout Bensalem. The easiest way to get around Bensalem Township is by car.
There is a SEPTA train station located at 700 Station Avenue, Cornwells Heights, Pennsylvania 19020; which is nearby to Bristol Pike in the Bensalem Township area. Cornwells Heights is one of the largest park and ride train facilities in the Philadelphia Area. The Trenton Line Regional Rail, the train which passes through Cornwells Heights, takes you to all of the major stops in Philadelphia, within walking distance of many major attractions in the inner city. Taking the train is less stressful and cheaper than driving in the inner city. For train rides and ticket costs, please refer to the SEPTA Regional Rail website. 
SEPTA operates bus service in Bensalem Township, connecting points of interest within the township such as the Neshaminy Mall and Parx Casino to Philadelphia and other suburbs. For details on routes and schedules please refer to SEPTA's website 
However, if you choose to rent a car, there is more than one car rental facility in Bensalem.
- Budget Rent-A-Car - 2054 Street Road - +1 215 244-1713
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - 1328 Street Road - +1 215 638-8155
- 1 Neshaminy State Park, 3401 State Rd, ☏ . Sunrise to sunset daily. This park is located along the Delaware River in the lower Bucks County area, including Bensalem. Taking its name from Neshaminy Creek, the park measures 339 acres and has multiple hiking trails to enjoy during the warm weather seasons. The picnic areas and swimming pools are the most popular park attractions. Great for relaxing and spending a quiet day. Farther up the river is a marina, located in Croydon.
- 1 Parx Casino and Racing, 2999 Street Road (I-95 exit 37, I-276/PA Tpk exit 351 westbound/exit 352 eastbound), toll-free: . 24 hours daily. This is the only licensed casino in Bensalem. It is a very large facility jam packed with various entertainments such as horse racing, poker, slots, table games, and sports betting. There are numerous bars that serve up everything from fancy cocktails to the casual beer; and if it's a real meal you want, choose from Cafe Parx, Parx Grill, and everyone's favorite, Chickie's & Pete's. The Xcite Center hosts concerts, entertainment performances, comedy acts, and boxing and MMA matches. Directions are easy to find on the Parx Casino website, but it's very hard to miss if you're driving along Street Road, . Valet parking recommended. The parking lot is rather confusing.
- 2 Penn Community Bank Amphitheater, 2400 Byberry Road, ☏ . Located in the township's Central Park, this outdoor amphitheater can accommodate 3,000 people and offers a summer concert series from June to August. The amphitheater is also home to the annual Fall Festival every October. $5 Bensalem resident, $3 Bensalem resident age 65+, $10 non-Bensalem resident, $7 non-Bensalem resident age 65+, Children age 12 and under free.
- 1 Neshaminy Mall, 707 Neshaminy Mall, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 11AM-6PM. This shopping mall offers over 120 stores to choose from, with Boscov's as the anchor store. It also features great restaurants as well as a general fast food court, offering dining for every type of mall shopper. There is a select AMC 24 screen theater, which shows latest releases as well as some independent films on occasion. There is a Barnes and Noble, which has a Starbucks Cafe located inside to drink a relaxing cup of coffee and read.
- Clubhouse Diner, 2495 Street Road, ☏ . Open 24/7!
- Golden Corral, 1465 Street Road, ☏ . Buffet dining!
- Friendly's Restaurant, 2639 Street Road, ☏ . Good restaurant for families with children!
- Redhouse Bagels, 1542 Bristol Pike, ☏ . Best bagels in Bensalem!
- Tijuana Flats, 2814 Street Road, ☏ . Taco Tuesdaze $4.99 for two tacos, chips, and a drink!
- Carrabba's Italian Grill, 3210 Tillman Drive, ☏ .
- Mirch Masala, 2088 Street Road, ☏ .
- Shogun Hibachi, 2080 Street Road, ☏ . B50% off dine in sushi menu.
- Sakura Japanese Restaurant, 1973 Street Rd, ☏ . Dine in or take out.
- Tin-Chue Chinese & Vietnamese, 2066 Street Rd, ☏ . Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine.
- The Stadium Bar&Grille, 971 Bristol Pike, ☏ . A casual bar and grill dedicated to Philadelphia sports teams. Love sports? It's the place for you! Free buffet on Friday nights, and live musical performances on Saturdays!
- 1 Best Western Plus, 3499 Street Rd, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Free Wi-Fi access, breakfest and meeting rooms. Game room, kiddie pool and indoor pool.
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia-Northeast/Bensalem, 1329 Bristol Pike,, ☏ , fax: .
- Inn of the Dove, 3901 Old Street Road, ☏ . Especially for couples looking for a getaway. Indoor heated pool, free parking, gift shop, Wi-Fi access, and Wakeup calls available.
|Routes through Bensalem|
|Lancaster ← Philadelphia ←||W E||→ Trenton → New York City|
|Baltimore ← Philadelphia ←||SW NE||→ Trenton → New York City|
|New York City ← Bristol ←||N S||→ Philadelphia → Baltimore|
|Harrisburg ← Willow Grove ←||W E||→ Bristol → Ends at|
|Ends at ← Bristol ←||N S||→ Philadelphia → Wilmington|
|END ← Philadelphia ←||SW NE||→ Bristol → Trenton|
|Philadelphia ← Abington Township ← Philadelphia ←||SW NE||→ Langhorne → Ewing|